Wanna Tour the Mercury Factory??? >

Wanna Tour the Mercury Factory???

Notices

Wanna Tour the Mercury Factory???

Old 11-18-2002, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Wanna Tour the Mercury Factory???

Ok, heres the deal. My friend is an engineer at the Mercury Factory in Stillwater in Okla. He says he can arrange a factory tour maybe in January 2003. I took the tour in april of this year and it is quite amazing. Lots of cool things that they do to create a bravo outdrive from the molten alumimium casting to the final painting. They build every engine, alpha, and bravo drives up to 525 EFI, I believe. None of the really high performance engine are built here but the whole process is amazing. Its all so high tech.

Anyway, he can only give accomadate fifteen to twenty people of which a least five slots are already taken by myself and friends..
There are some crititera you will have to meet to kinda protect mercury from the competition spying. No camera's of any kind, and you will have to show identification to show that you are not involved with the enemy.: (Suggestions may be your business card etc).

My first question is there interest from the board? He says mercury does like to do this ocassionally for PR, for is customers. Maybe we could even get some hats, tee shirts, and maybe some goodies from Offshore Only (how about it Jeffery).

If the response was really good he said we may be able to arrange more people but we will start with 15 to 20 and see how it goes.

The tour will take place during the week and during the day, probably around 1 p.m. It takes about two hours.

E-mail with any question's or call me, Robert Brown at 918-232-8987 or night 918-824-1009
We could either start at a hooters in tulsa or end up back there after the tour. Everyone need to bring pictures of ther boats also.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Sounds like a cool field trip! I am interested.

Kurt.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:56 PM
DallasHeat

I would be interested in this trip, maybe we could get a few members from the Dallas area together for the drive?

DallasHeat

Old 11-18-2002, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a cool thing to do in the middle of the winter!! Anyone from Kansas City want to try and make it?
Old 11-19-2002, 01:21 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Been there

Already been there
Made a slight detour off the highway when coming back from the Advantage Regatta back in 2000.

Was a great insight to what goes on with our packages.
I learned a great deal, was impressed with the place as well.

Troutly is right, they deal with the stock stuff. Alpha, Bravo drives. Engines only went up to the 502 tehn and they would not lead me into the area they had the 496's I was able to see a few moving from one area to another on thier automatic movers. They tried to get my attention away from them but it was still peaking time
All HP motors are done in Wi. Now that is a place I would really like to go and visit
Been wanting to ever since I left the OK plant.
I lost the guys card I met up with. It all started when talking with the reps at the Advantage Dealer dinner.
I believe the guys name in OK was Paul, and he has a brother that works in Wi.

If someone could set up a group, or singel tour of the HP shop in Wi I would call in sick to work for that trip

BTW, this photo re-sizing is a crock of $H!T
really makes the photos look like crap. I have a $700 camera that I do not like having look this bad!
Attached Thumbnails Wanna Tour the Mercury Factory???-sportcat-mercury1.jpg  
Old 11-19-2002, 02:20 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wanna go! I wanna go!!!
Julie, this may be almost as cool as Lake X...
Ok, maybe not, but it'd still be fun.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:17 PM
Charter Member #1528

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to go.........
Old 11-19-2002, 03:47 PM
25 Eagle

Will they fly you over to Lake X to round out the tour? Sounds like fun.

Old 11-19-2002, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Naturally I am in for the tour.......add in
Todd-" Top Dead Center" the engine man also....he said he was bringing a shopping cart with him!!
Old 11-19-2002, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to go too. I'll be in Stillwater tommorrow, thurs and fri. I wish I could go then. I guess I'll just spend some time in Eskimo Joe's instead.

Quick Reply: Wanna Tour the Mercury Factory???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.