Notices

Mach 1 boats ?

Old 11-19-2002, 09:41 PM
cartman

Default Mach 1 boats ?

what is the story with Mach1 boats? I saw one for sale near me a 27' with twin sm blocks 1 puffed motor for sale. Are these boats of any quality. I don't hear much about them? What is it worth 1986 model.

Old 11-19-2002, 10:47 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

PRIVATE MESSAGE "MACH1SHORTY" I AM SURE HE COULD FILL YA IN BRO...
Old 11-20-2002, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As with any older boat, you should get it checked out for water saturation and rot. The '86 models were made by a different manufacturer than they are today. Mine's a '99 and I'm pretty happy with it. Wish it was a bit faster, but don't we all?

Here's a previous discussion. There are others too if you do a search.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...threadid=32229

Feel free to pm or email me.

Here's my baby:
Attached Thumbnails Mach 1 boats ?-machpr.jpg  
Old 11-20-2002, 03:49 PM
cartman

thanks for the info but can't come up with much on older models.

Old 11-20-2002, 09:26 PM
envision

The people at Envision boats made the original Mach 1 boats and later sold the molds to Baha.

I haven't seen many of the new versions but there are quite a few of the originals still out there.

Get an Envision, unbelievably solid but not necessarily the fastest.

Call Vic at Envision if you want more info. 309-734-4365

Old 11-21-2002, 01:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I bought a 1989 27ft mach 1 brand new, and I gotta say, it was one of the best boats I've ever owned! I took it to the bahamas several times. I had a single 454 Magnum which was actually faster than the twin small blocks. 65-66 mph. They did'nt cost much new, so they don't cost much now, but to me, you can't beat the boat for the money! see-ya, WILDMAN
Old 11-27-2002, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

freind of mine had a late80's 27 -29' mach 1 with twin big blocks, the boat was a little beat but ran the balls, handled rough water pretty well and topped out in the 70's. seemed to be a heavy boat. by saying it was beat, i mean could have used new upolstery and gauges etc. overall it seemed like a well built boat as far as the hull was concerned, its gone now but i can still hear it, those older 454's had a nice sound!!
Old 11-27-2002, 08:11 PM
Registered

Cartman, I have a 89 27 footer. Love the boat bought it from original owner with 273 hours on it, mint. Had to put a 502 in it(sterndrive spec.) he did a great job and the boat runs great. Four blade prop and mint mint cond. Handles rough stuff in the thousand islands New york and also lake ontario. Very happy with it and might sell it in the spring. I have pics but trying to post them. Big cabin, bolsters, lots of room in cockpit and custom eagle trailer. So look me up if you are interested in the spring or I guess maybe we could work something out now, want to go bigger. Ciggggggggggggggggg. Once again, very solid, all the bells and whistles. 502 performs very nice in it. must see. The boat has about 380 hours on it.
Old 11-28-2002, 10:58 AM
wetpleasure

A friend of mine had a 24 foot 1987 mach 1 single 454 great boat soildly built and ran good

Old 10-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered

Early mach 1's

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd holler anyway. I picked up an '87 27 footer (Concorde) a couple of years ago and have had fun with it. Twin 454's had something to do with it, I think.

I just replaced the battery switches as the previous owner had stuffed junk switches in it (two different kinds, believe it or not) and one of them 'welded up' on me !!!

Baffles are next. I can't hear the stereo !!!

Quick Reply: Mach 1 boats ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.