Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cigarette Jet Ski?! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/372903-cigarette-jet-ski.html)

techman 08-10-2021 12:59 PM

Cigarette Jet Ski?!

Cigarette Future Plans

That's quite a product catalog they are planning!

DrFeelgood 08-10-2021 01:07 PM

I can't say I'm excited about the future of the brand...

1MOSES1 08-10-2021 01:15 PM

:hitfan:

personal watercraft…they are kidding right?

creating an exclusive brand doesn’t mean making products that every Tom, dick, and Harry can buy.

maybe if they mess up the brand…the older cigs will become more desirable!!!! Price increase!!!!

thisistank 08-10-2021 01:16 PM

Well, change is good even if not always successful. New vision and perspective is always a good thing. I don't know about a Cigarette Jet Ski, but I do know that the previous two times Cigarette ventured into building yachts (or at a minimum placed their name on a yacht built by someone else) it didn't exactly turn out great and fell by the wayside quickly. Cigarette has great momentum from Skips work, hopefully they don't lose focus being pulled in different directions with new projects to fast. It will be cool to see them get back into racing, though I don't know what class they would run in.

VortechSS 08-10-2021 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 4801101)
Well, change is good even if not always successful. New vision and perspective is always a good thing. I don't know about a Cigarette Jet Ski, but I do know that the previous two times Cigarette ventured into building yachts (or at a minimum placed their name on a yacht built by someone else) it didn't exactly turn out great and fell by the wayside quickly. Cigarette has great momentum from Skips work, hopefully they don't lose focus being pulled in different directions with new projects to fast. It will be cool to see them get back into racing, though I don't know what class they would run in.

Ditto.. Love the idea of a return to racing... Don't love the idea of introducing a boat load of new products aimed at the general population, thus muddying the name. KISS principle..

Either way, we're along for the ride!!

Sydwayz 08-10-2021 01:44 PM

I think the PWC is a decent idea. Some of these big PWC are bringing great money, and BTW, many manufacturers are sold out until sometime next year. They are fast, and fun as all get out.
If you have Cigarettes, and a couple of PWC at the end of your dock for fun toys...
...why not a Cigarette branded PWC?

I could see them partnering with Yamaha or Sea-Doo, buying skiis, and totally redoing them aesthetically to match a customer's Cigarette (fleet); and then reselling them. That would be a great first step.

F-2 Speedy 08-10-2021 02:14 PM

closed cooled 525 in a 5 person sled would be cool.......:angry-smiley-038:

ICDEDPPL 08-10-2021 02:22 PM

A Cig wave runnner?
Sign me up., cool idea.

t500hps 08-10-2021 03:01 PM

Oh great.......Sounds like they are going to do for Cigarette what Brunswick did for Bayliner! :poopoo:

Craney 08-10-2021 03:14 PM

Cigarette did a few jet drives in the 20’ years ago, but not the same as a jet ski.