Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Florida Homeowners Insurance Help! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/373170-florida-homeowners-insurance-help.html)

36Tango 08-31-2021 03:05 PM

Florida Homeowners Insurance Help!

In looking at some other items, we noticed the other day that our homeowners in Florida lapsed. We never saw any kind of notice on it. No problem, called the agent to get it reinstated. She got back to us and the cost SKYROCKETED due to the insurance lapsing (it was actually last April). The insurance gal said that we maybe did not get notice because of Covid (which I thought was odd). Anyway, she said there is only one market that would consider us and it was very pricey. I do not trust these folks.

Is there anybody in here that is in the Florida (Cape Coral) homeowners insurance business?

Thanks in advance!

Cash Bar 08-31-2021 03:42 PM

Not in Cape Coral, but worth a call. This is the firm I send my people to here on the east side.

The Sena Group
Boca Raton
561-391-4661

I think Stephanie handles the NOI.

Greg

bob 08-31-2021 03:49 PM

I had Frontline Ins. They basically raised all of their FL customer by roughly 50%. That is not the norm. I switched to Allstate.

Nate5.0 08-31-2021 05:39 PM

FL insurance is rough right now. We pretty much shed all our H03 policies to reduce large exposure. People are pissed but nothing we can do.

Most everyone is being turned to Citizens which will be a disaster in years to come.

Jupiter Sunsation 08-31-2021 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nate5.0 (Post 4803789)

Most everyone is being turned to Citizens which will be a disaster in years to come.

I had dinner tonight with my insurance guy...........the lapse in coverage essentially forces you to buy from Citizens and they have a max house value of 700K

Citizens is the bottom of the barrel but that's the only thing available for a lot of people

36Tango 08-31-2021 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 4803808)
I had dinner tonight with my insurance guy...........the lapse in coverage essentially forces you to buy from Citizens and they have a max house value of 700K

Citizens is the bottom of the barrel but that's the only thing available for a lot of people

Our house is a vintage (nicely remodeled) mid 60's where most of the value is in the dirt (canal in South Cape-no bridges). I think on a $6,000 premium, about $5,000 is wind and hail. With a metal roof and trusses strapped very well, I'd almost take on that risk. Of course we have flood insurance on top of it, but which would come first, the water or the wind?

I dont understand why a lapse in coverage would keep other companies from insuring us.

hustlerguy 08-31-2021 08:07 PM

Sherzer and Associates (cape coral) who insures us at this time. Very helpful
239-673-9301

36Tango 08-31-2021 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 4803808)

Our house is a vintage (nicely remodeled) mid 60's where most of the value is in the dirt (canal in South Cape-no bridges). I think on a $6,000 premium, about $5,000 is wind and hail. With a metal roof and trusses strapped very well, I'd almost take on that risk. Of course we have flood insurance on top of it, but which would come first, the water or the wind?

I dont understand why a lapse in coverage would keep other companies from insuring us.

ptlaporte 08-31-2021 09:37 PM

Call Matic, they do business with most all insurance companies that do business in Florida. They also have a program to quote all at once to see which would be the best. (833) 382-1304 https://matic.com/

thisistank 08-31-2021 09:44 PM

So canal home 3/2 pool valued at up to a mil or so, so back off the bays a bit, in south Florida, what’s the insurance cost? Roughly?