DYNO DAY Saturday, PART II , the saga continues

Notices

DYNO DAY Saturday, PART II , the saga continues

Old 11-20-2002, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DYNO DAY Saturday, PART II , the saga continues

Well all,
Since the dyno broke over at the engine shop, I had to reschedule this for the 23'rd of November
SATURDAY!!!!!

Just spoke to LISA and confirmed the date and time and got a second set of directions this time with land marks.
Time is scheduled for 8 am and called the engine builder who sounds like he is going to puss out of this like he did last time.

Said he thinks im wasting my money by putting it on the dyno and doing a few pulls and stuff.
Ahhh how about you shut the hell up and let me detirmine if they are suitable enough to be put back in to my boat.
Sounds like he wants to puss out of the deal as well of if they are fine, I pay the dyno bill. If they FAIL and dont hold oil pressure or blow up, then HE pays the dyno bill.
so who wants to show up, im sure a tiny bunch would not be a big deal
Jason
Old 11-20-2002, 05:58 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to try to make it but not till around 9am or so as it will probably take that long to hook up the engine on the dyno. At least it does where I get mine done
Old 11-20-2002, 06:09 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Keep us posted! I am anxiouse to hear how the motors do.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Jayl13, I would say that if they blow up that not only does he pay for the dyno bill, but ALSO pays for the amount of $$$ you have put into those engines too!

I can't believe he thinks you're wasting your money by putting the engines HE BUILT on the dyno! With all the trouble you have had with the engines since this guy built them, I don't understand how he could make such a statement like that! I mean, what's the matter? Doesn't he trust his own work??? That's why you dyno an engine!!!----not just to find out about horsepower and torque figures, but to find any oil leaks or other problems BEFORE you put them in the boat! Make sure that the dyno guy can do a sustained pull at high RPM and NOT only take it up to a certain RPM and then immediately bring it back down. He's got to have a decent cooling tower to do this. There are many reasons a person can dyno an engine, but one of the main reasons is that you want to make sure these things are going to hold together! And it's better for them to come apart on the dyno than in the boat! Sounds like he's getting cold feet on you already! But that's alright----it's time for him to put his money where his mouth is and call his bluff! You're about to find out and verify the quality of workmanship this guy does. And at this point, he has had every opportunity to make it right with these engines so he's without excuse. Honestly Jay, I hope it all works out in favor for all involved. Best wishes.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:00 AM
Registered

Thanks guys
Damn Bajabob cant make it
MoPower Ill see you around 9 thats cool
Now to see if Ike can make it.
I hope this all works out too, that it just runs with no oil pressure problems at all and then im free to dump this back in and get on with my spring and summer coming up.
(then comes the prop choices)
but this guy is being a real dick bag and no I DONT trust his workmanship to be honest with you.
why should I>
He keeps insisting that with 5 lbs of oil psi and 15 in the other that they both would have seized up solid.
Other engine builders say well no maybe not seized up but the bearing clearances are shot to hell, did he cut the crank (im then reluctant to say NO)
was there water in the engines before the rebuild (reluctant to say YES)
then it seems as the engine builders all are like what is this guy a total douche or is he just a newbee in the business?
then I want to crawl under a rock and die cause the answer is so obvious as to why im having this issue.
at any rate, if it is bad, it goes back and he pays
if it is good, I pay and then can get my FREAKIN TUB OF CRAP to float in the water and start using the SOB rather than having a 30 foot lawn ornament under a big blue tarp
Do or die time on saturday
Time to charge up the video camera and get this on tape and proofed if a court appearance is necessary
Jason
Old 11-21-2002, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i ll bring the coffee, and you can borrow a spare 500hp from my engine if you need
Old 11-21-2002, 08:14 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

I'd be happy if you just brought my Fu*#@%g Fan.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:22 AM
Registered

Kaama,
Maybe I interpreted what you wrong but a sustained pull at high rpm doesn't sound like the right way to dyno a motor... it sounds like the right way to make a motor appear that it is making more power than it really is. Now I'm no dyno expert but I've been around dyno's and have dynoed a few motors, boat and snowmobile. And the way they have always been done is first the motors (boat) are run at like a cruising rpm with a slight load on them to break things in and build some heat. Then the sweep test is done. Motor is brought to a certain rpm then the dyno takes over and runs the motor up to a predetermined rpm as the load is put on it. Some people will take the motor up to a higher rpm then add the load which gives a false reading.
I apologize if I'm incorrect or this doesn't make sense.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:48 AM
Registered

hey bob
Borrow your fan?
you lost me

Sling, You got that engine rebuilt yet?
or are you selling it as is?

26scarab, I have never dyno'ed an engine before by dyno'ed my car before and just from what I have heard I dont think they are the same sort of procedure so this will all be new to me.
Ill let you know what they do though

Hey bob, He said they have a scarab down there I have to drive around, where is your baja in conjunction to that, want to look at it. (so I can recognize you out on the water next year)
you behind the scarab or something?
Jason
Old 11-21-2002, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i borrowed his fan, its mia, and STAUTS OF THE MOTOR, JUST SPENT $ 2G'S TO REBUILD THE BLOWER, NEW ROTORS AND ALL, OIL PAN WELDED UP, WAITING TO GET A NEW CRANK RODS AND PISTONS, JUST ORDERED A TON OF EICKERT PARTS FOR IT(OUCH) I KNOWNOONE IS GOING TO BUY IT I GUESS I LIKE TO SEE WHO IS INTERESTED BUT I AM PLUGGING AWAY AT LIKE IT'S NOT FOR SALE, (it may be going to TNT for a re rig) who knows

Quick Reply: DYNO DAY Saturday, PART II , the saga continues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.