Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who is the mercury rep for Colombia South America. No engines in stock here! >

Who is the mercury rep for Colombia South America. No engines in stock here!

Notices

Who is the mercury rep for Colombia South America. No engines in stock here!

Old 09-10-2021, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Who is the mercury rep for Colombia South America. No engines in stock here!

I’m trying to buy a set of mercury 300V8’s for our 40 person passenger boat, and a pair of 300R’s or 450s for my 32 manta cc The. BIG mecury dealer in cartagena has 1 250 in stock and can’t find another to make a pair. They have zero 300s in stock and have never sold a 300R or 450! They just sold the pair of 300s they have coming in a month out from under me to another buyer. What azzhats to deal with.
the marina where we currently keep the boat won’t let us keep it there any Linder if we buy mercury power. We have yamahas on it now.
the mercury dealer also has a marina BUT they want to charge us for leaving the slip daily as the boat runs from cartagena daily to the island where my hotel is located. I’m like wtf. The marina doesn’t have to be involved with my captain and mate leaving at 8:15 and and returning at 1:30 pm. They don’t high and dry it. But will pull it once a week free for detailing etc. Or for people that only boat on weekends. I think they want only pleasure boaters in their marina but the reality is only a very small percentage of boats in Cartagena aren’t working boats, either people haulers or day rentals.
we will be buying a pair of engines every two years as the boats run 4 hours round trip everyday. The life span is a little over 2k hours
I would really like to speak to the Merc rep for Colombia and see if he can help me before I end up buying yamahas. Thanks in advance for any info, Rm

Last edited by iliveonanisland; 09-10-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2021, 01:41 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

Might this be of help ? I believe it's the region that you fall in ..

https://www.facebook.com/MercuryMarineLAC/

or

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/lam/contact

I've had my problems with them before and for some reason this is the area I fall into even though we are def not in the Caribbean .

Old 09-11-2021, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Newsflash... There are none in stock in the USA either. The manufacturers are getting ALL of them! Tried to get 2 of them in June and was given a Dec, 2022 ship date. I went a different direction.
larslindroth (09-11-2021)
Old 09-11-2021, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 632 Likes on 292 Posts

No Mercury rep. available in Colombia except by appointment through one of the authorized Mercury Marine dealers. All questions are encouraged to be

directed to local dealers or to Mercury Marine headquarters in Fond du Lac.

Here are links to your two major local dealers in Cartagena, but you probably dealt with them I guess.

https://www.iteccolombia.com/home

https://todomar.com/

MERCURY MARINE
Global HeadquartersW6250 Pioneer Road
P.O.Box 1939
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1939

For questions regarding your
Mercury engine, please call
920-929-5040

Old 09-11-2021, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Newsflash... There are none in stock in the USA either. The manufacturers are getting ALL of them! Tried to get 2 of them in June and was given a Dec, 2022 ship date. I went a different direction.
What direction did you go, and what’s the status of your 2 smokes? Call me.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuckonstupid
What direction did you go, and what’s the status of your 2 smokes? Call me.
No answer....

LOL, an unbelievable troubleshooting fiasco on one of them that wouldn't start.... Three months and 4 different people trying to fix it. Had compression, had spark, had fuel.....
Finally, as a shot in the dark, decided to order a stator. Pulled the flywheel and the phucking keyway on the crank had sheared off, which was sending the spark all over the place. Was able to return the unopened stator and buy a $2.30 keyway and the MoFo started right up and has been running like a brand new engine ever since!!!! I'm still laughing about it...
davidmercury (09-12-2021), Gimme Fuel (09-13-2021), Interceptor (09-11-2021), sonicss42 (09-12-2021)