Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
FIRST OFFSHORE BOAT ( 1st TIMER )! >

FIRST OFFSHORE BOAT ( 1st TIMER )!

Notices

FIRST OFFSHORE BOAT ( 1st TIMER )!

Old 09-29-2021, 01:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FIRST OFFSHORE BOAT ( 1st TIMER )!

Good morning everyone, I hope all is well. As the title states, this will be my first time purchasing an offshore boat. Growing up in Michigan in my teens I had experience riding and driving my father’ s business partner 38’, to 41’ Scarab boat. It was a blast. I have not been behind one since then. At present time I’m 58yrs, and recently lost my Father, a true lost. I’m financially able at this time to purse my passion. I’m in the market of purchasing a Cigarette Top Gun or Formula, those boats he always talked about. I will be taking classes @ Tres Martin’s, and take safety and experience #1!. We have in Michigan the Great Lakes and the Detroit river, I will start on the smaller lakes, until I get use to the boat practice, practice and more practice. Speed is not an issue, I will not be running the boat at 70-80, until experience and comfortable enough to. I would greatly appreciate your opinions and advice on my decision. Thank You, and you and your Families be Safe!
The following 2 users liked this post by BamBam2022:
Smarty (09-29-2021), TomZ (10-01-2021)
Old 09-29-2021, 06:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 495 Likes on 270 Posts

Sorry for your recent loss.

Welcome to OSO
Either the Formula or Cigarette will be excellent for where you will be boating.
Other considerations to think about prior to purchase would include - are you trailering or docking it, overnighting or just going out for a blast, will you be maintaining it yourself, will you be rafting up with others and will you be taking others out with you?

Get your post count up so you can post pictures when you find what you like. There is a wealth of knowledge here and I advise you to take advantage of it.

Good luck!
The following 3 users liked this post by resurrected:
badmonkey (09-29-2021), rak rua (09-29-2021), TomZ (10-01-2021)