Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Went SNOWMOBILING YESTERDAY! >

Went SNOWMOBILING YESTERDAY!

Notices

Went SNOWMOBILING YESTERDAY!

Old 11-21-2002, 11:46 AM
check freak

I still need to finish putting my motor together. I better get with it. This is why you are not supposed to procastinate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2002, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uncle Toys,

I don't have any digital photos of my friends and I yet. We got a digital camera a year or so ago and have finally started using ti with our new puppy. I really don't know much about it yet. So I will try. Yes it is about the speed, teh freedom, teh cold crisp air, the adrenaline rush, the scenic beauty, being able to go place and see things you would ordinarily not be able to sccess int eh summer months. It is the commrradere, the friendships, the travel, the tinkering. It is about seeing wild animals like deer, moose, quail, pheasant, reindeer, eagles, bears, etc. It is just like boating in so many ways. When we do long distanc eover night trips it is visiting new towns, in far out lying areas. Meeting people from all over the world. Climbing mountains, frozen lakes and rivers, so much to see, and experience. Oh, and it is all about racing your buddies on those frozen lakes for bragging rights till next weekend. And I cannto forget when you cross the border into Canada, especially Quebec, the table top ballet is second to NONE!

So help me out my fellow snowmobilers, anyone have any cool photos to show these guys what they are missing?
Old 11-21-2002, 12:36 PM
Registered

Hey Shane, you are ahead of me this year...so far I am at work now and can't post the pictures but will tonight. And your right it is not about the speed but the freedom.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:49 PM
Registered

Mitch,

We gonna ride together this year? Let's try and make something happen.

Shane
Old 11-21-2002, 03:58 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Shane, glad to hear you had fun. We have had extremely good snow for this time of year. They have measured 102" above Gothic(Crested Butte). The back bowls of Vail have recieved 7-8' of snow so far. A couple more storms and we will have more than we had all last winter. It has been fun so far!!!!!
Old 11-21-2002, 05:45 PM
454hoho

Default Shane

Do you have any input on ski conditions/killington, wobbly barn etc.

Old 11-21-2002, 10:27 PM
Allan4

Man, you guys are making me jelous. I love the snow!! Can't wait to strap on the boards and bang thru the bumps in a few months here in Cincy (man made snow ) Ahhhhhh, I need to buy a sled, I swear, that is the next toy in my box. Now.....I did break out the plow and spreader today and service them for the season/lack of season to come. does that count?!?!?!?!

Old 11-21-2002, 11:42 PM
Registered

Default Hey Shane

I just bought this toy to get me through winter, and to somewhat satisfy my snowmobile needs. I had a 700SX but I sold it because it was getting to be too much praying for snow all the time, then driving 7-8 hrs upstat and arriving on ****ty trails.

I'm thinking about renting this year with my wife. Do you know of any good places to stay and rent sleds? I want SPORT sleds at least 600s preferably 700s. NOT double tanks!

I used to ride Bennington S. Vermont, Old Forge, Tug Hill, and St. Agathe Canada regularly.

I'm looking to book about a week somewhere in February. Wanna try and get some other friends to go too.

Mike
Old 11-21-2002, 11:46 PM
Registered

Default Forgot, here's my new winter toy

2000 Honda 400 EX. A snowmobile without the need for snow!

It's still not the same, but much more useable down her in NJ
Attached Thumbnails Went SNOWMOBILING YESTERDAY!-114-1475_img.jpg  
Old 11-21-2002, 11:55 PM
Registered

Default Snowmobile pics

This is in my driveway one year when we actually had snow in NJ.
Attached Thumbnails Went SNOWMOBILING YESTERDAY!-resize.jpg  

Quick Reply: Went SNOWMOBILING YESTERDAY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.