Notices

Relieved, but DAMN!!!

Old 11-21-2002, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Relieved, but DAMN!!!

I guess it would have been Oct. 10th....Todd & I were in Ft. Lauderdale with the Thunder Run group, staying at a hotel. The next day (Fri) we were supposed to go to Key Largo for a long weekend......
I was in my hotel room when I found out.....my mom was diagnosed with stomache cancer. I flew out before the sun came up the next day.
You never think It'll happen to your family!! But, it was happening.
My sister flew back to Wisconsin from St. Pete., Fl. and stayed for a week, but had to fly back, because she is in school. She hated to leave mom's side.
We took her to UW Madison Cancer Center immediatly. They ran tests that her doctor had ran, because the pic's that her doctor had taken were unclear.
UW Madison was confused....they said it was a tumor, but it was nothing to be concerned about. Now, we are really lost in our thinking!!
Yesterday, 6 weeks later, she recieved a call from her original doctor telling her, that she doesn't have the life threatening cancer, that she was originally told she had.
Then, she gets a call from the nurse, the nurse that the original doctor appointed to "Call" my mom & tell her she had terminal cancer, but she refused to tell her over the phone and asked her to come in to the office....well, this nurse (yesterday) called my mom and more or less told my mom that, the doctor should never have appointed her to tell my mom that she had terminal cancer, because the x-rays and tests were not taken properly, so they were unclear.
We have been through soooo many emotions with all of this!! But, I guess we should just look at the bright side of this....Prayer's do help!! Thank you too all of the people that, I have told about this situation, for praying for my mom......it worked!!!!

Tracy
Old 11-21-2002, 08:14 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tracy WOW what a ride. You have to wonder about these people. They get all the money and can not get it right!!!!

Jon
Old 11-21-2002, 08:14 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Tracy,
That's GREAT news, BUT DAMN, your right, talk about no sleep! Your mom's Dr.s office sounds like the 3 Stoggies, ONLY, it's not FUNNY!
Congrats again on your Mom's great news!
MD
Old 11-21-2002, 08:20 AM
Registered

Congrats Tracy and I am happy to hear that in the end, even though there was a lot of heartache and fear, that everything worked out for the best.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:49 AM
Registered

Tracy,

Glad to hear mom is doing better. I hope this will allow you and your family to enjoy your holidays together.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:22 AM
Registered

Believe it or not, I suffered three losses last week. Two being in my family. One of those was from sickness, the other was murder.
The third was an old friend from high school that I haven't talked to for a long time. He took his own life.

I can relate to your emotions. Like many others, I have been through it too.

It makes me want to spend more time with the people I care about. Stuff like that sure changes a person's priorities in life.

7 years ago I rushed my father to the emergency room, he was having a series of heart attacks. They saved him. He asked me to quit smoking that day. I went out to the parking lot and choked down three in a row and never smoked again.

Emjoy them while you have them around!

I bet you guys are so relieved to have some closure to the situation! What a roller coaster?
Anyhow, great news.
Well said Shane.

Last edited by Flyinbrian; 11-21-2002 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:43 AM
Allan4

Damn Brian, sorry about your week man, I too have been thru some of what you have mentioned. You are correct,makes you love your loved one's even more.

Tracy.....you and thousands of others!! Sorry to hear you went thru 6 weeks of hell. Unfortunately this sort of thing is all to comon. As good as some doctors are, there are many schmucks as well. Over 100,000 deaths per year in the US due to drug interaction.....perscription durgs, not street drugs. You have to be careful!!! So glad to hear it was poor doctoring, not poor health. I was diagnosed with a herniated disc in my neck about 5 years ago....they said surgery was right around the corner becuase of the refered pain I was geting down my arm. Almost unbareable pain. Long story short, I said no knife and pain improved about 50% over time, two years later I get a massage and the lady says, "wow, you have a big knot under your shoulder blade" She pushes on it and workd it for about 5 minutes and the pain has never come back!!!!!! A MASSAGE THERAPIST FIXED THIS INTEAD OF FREAKIN SURGERY!!!!

Great knews, learn from this, I'm sure you will. See ya, Allan

Old 11-21-2002, 10:02 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

There is some stress no one needed,,, I am very happy it worked out for you guys,,, like you said prayers work !!!!!!
Old 11-21-2002, 10:46 AM
Registered

Have had the same problem with doctors diagnosing MS to my wife’s problems. It is a case of vertigo that the doctors insist on calling MS. Shook us up badly the first couple times; now a second opinion is standard for any doctor recommendation over bed rest. You’re lucky you have Madison close. It’s a great place.

The lesson we have learned is not to spend our time tormenting over the doctor’s actions. We now have a doctor, because of his mistakes, that is going to spend extra time and attention when my wife needs help. And that is difficult to find in these days. Rejoice over the outcome.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

We're praying for your Mom's recovery and your family Tracey. God bless you

Mark/KAAMA