Notices

Riddle me this..........

Old 11-21-2002, 01:16 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riddle me this..........

Howdy All.......been awhile........sorry to hear about DanL......that truely is awful what happened.......

Anyways......Ole' Shore finally got rid of the Mustang......yup goodbye gone........I picked up a 98 LS1 Formula M6.....Black of course........the entire car is stock........except for a K&N and airbox mod.......Well we dedide to throw her on the dyno to see what we got to work with........and to our surprise......323 RWHP @ 5200.......and 351 LB/FT @4100.......WTF!!!!!.......GM rates these cars at 305 BHP from the factory.......what gives.....and to boot a friend of mine ran his 2002 WS-6 and it put 321RWHP and 350LBFT.......but his was an A4.......he was pissed.....Haaaa.....

Last car to run was a 2000 C5 M6......Now these little F#$%ers are rated at 345 BHP......this poor bastard put down 320RWHP.....don't remember the Torque I was laughing to hard......Sorry Bill.....anyways.....anybody else have oneof these friggin things and do you have any dyno results?????????......I haven't begun to tinker with it yet.......Time to raid the SLP catalog...
Old 11-21-2002, 01:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Good to see you finally got a decent car.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:22 PM
Registered

they arent rated at the wheels either.? I think sometimes you just get a good one the specs on ballance and tollerance are so wide that some are noticably better than others. I had a stock z28, It beat the crap out of every other stock one of the same year and some with mild mods.BTW those t.a.'s respond very well to the K&N boxes.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

Hey buddy glad to see your still alive!!!

Don't wait so long til your next visit!!
Old 11-21-2002, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't remember what it is exactly, but the motor has to be within +/- 15% (or something close to that). You'd be surprised how much variation there is from one unit to the next.

You got a good one!

Welcom Back, Shor. Definately long time no hear. What else is new?
Old 11-21-2002, 01:49 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Wassup boys........Been real fun here for me lately......things are calming down now..........I'm sure you all remember the EX......well she really F-ed me good......well she tried her best but it didn't work......I hope I never see her again......really screwed me up that someone had it in them to do this to another person......I would go into details of this story but it's really nobodies business.....You'd be amazed at the length women will go to cover there ass.....I have never in my life met a bigger liar......and I am ashamed to have known her....

The boat is temporarily sitting till it gets a new Gimbal bearing.........I have bigger fish to fry right now.....

Not to mention this little 22 year old project I am working on now....
Old 11-21-2002, 01:52 PM
Registered

Oh and for the car stuff.........BHP= Flywheel.......RWHP is well just that.....these frigging things are just waaaaaaay underrated...... and the C5's lose more HP through the IRS than the solid axle.....hahahah.....although I don't wanna race one just yet....
Old 11-21-2002, 01:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In any event, let bygones be bygones. Glad to hear you're past it. I'm sure it's a good feeling to be up and running at 100%.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:09 PM
Registered

I just traded in my WS6 (1998) 2 days ago
I did the GM hot cam, Mine was an A4 so I had a Yank 3700 stall converter, Mac headers, borla with removeable cats, MTI air lid K&N filter, ported and polished MAF, TB bypass, cut under the air box for the free air mod, stock 2.73's, nitto drag radials, BMR suspension and DS loop, Hypertech computer reprogrammer, She ran 11.92 on her best day at the track and dyno'ed in at 404 RWHP NO NITROUS EVER!
All NA
no blower, no nos nothing
I did what the LS1 community said could not be done, hit 11';s in a LS1 with no nitrous on 2.73's
As a side note, I cried like a little girl when I traded her in
I will be selling alot of parts I took off of it if your interested.
Real cheap
Let me know if you want them or some of them.
That car ROCKS and will never be beat by any stang, even super charged you will kick their ass
Took vipers off the line, M3's, all ricers, Supra turbos, 911's turbo and non (off the line got the 911 then he blew by me like I was standing still at about 1/8 mile) NSX's were breakfast and 33zx turbo's were lunch
Other LS1's were no problem unless they had more mods than me then beating them was tough. You get some head work and the aftermarket intake, (LS6 or other) and your really going to fly

Have fun with it but if yours is a stick, be careful of clutch problems, that hydraulic stuff sucks, boil that fluid and get air in there and your done,
Jason
Old 11-21-2002, 03:22 PM
Registered

Yup......she's got a new clutch and the master clynider upgrade.....whole new part.......this thing is ridiculous....2nd to 3rd will get ya about 6 foot of rubber.......at friggin 85 mph......Holy Chit....404RWHP is strong........especially for no H/C work....

I need to do the exhaust SOON....this thing is whisper quiet.....and the funny thing is the ctas kinda stink after it gets hot.....so there is more there for sure.....tell me what parts you got and be nice to my wallet..... I just went yesterday and put the insurance on it.....

Quick Reply: Riddle me this..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.