Cigarette Racing Team Acquisition Of Doug Wright Designs Off The Table >

Cigarette Racing Team Acquisition Of Doug Wright Designs Off The Table

Notices

Cigarette Racing Team Acquisition Of Doug Wright Designs Off The Table

Old 04-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 235 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Here is another way of looking at it? (pure speculation and just a working theory)

Is it possible this was a "bigger picture" corporate move to make another party take the offer they had made, and after being brought to the realization BIG changes can happen, brought/required a much better offer?

It is reported Cigarette also bought Vector Works which is the other major mold maker in the industry. So getting the molds etc they need to make the cats they have under contract should not be an issue.

Big Boy games...

I think those that think one person in this Corporate structure makes all the decisions are sadly misguided... Time will tell how everything will shake out, but I hope for the best for everyone...
I believe there is one person running that show and he is very smart. I also believe that them owning Vector works makes a cat hull easy for them to achieve but weight is the world when you are talking about 900 h.p. and 38' hull combinations. This is something Cigarette has never had to be concerned with--It will be a new learning curve at best. This boat business has more drama then the soap operas of yesteryear.

Joe
The following 6 users liked this post by JPEROG:
larslindroth (04-03-2022), noli (04-03-2022), sonicss42 (04-02-2022), Sydwayz (04-04-2022), Too Stroked (04-03-2022), willknotsign (04-02-2022)
Old 04-02-2022, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Bostonirish
Didn’t they already have a bunch ordered from someone ? How does that work now ?
heard that deal was squashed and deposit voided/returned in short order.
The following users liked this post:
Sydwayz (04-04-2022)
Old 04-02-2022, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 833 Likes on 353 Posts

I heard or read somewhere, wish I could find it now) that DW still owed PBC hulls when the news was announced cig was taking ownership. If that has any truth to it I wonder if the legalities of PBC still being owed hulls played into this deal falling through at all.

I have no dog in this fight, but when you go running your mouth and show boat about a lot such as the current cig owners like to do, when things you claim don’t come true, there will always be lots of people waiting to air that dirty laundry.
Sydwayz (04-04-2022)
Old 04-02-2022, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Here is another way of looking at it? (pure speculation and just a working theory)

Is it possible this was a "bigger picture" corporate move to make another party take the offer they had made, and after being brought to the realization BIG changes can happen, brought/required a much better offer?

It is reported Cigarette also bought Vector Works which is the other major mold maker in the industry. So getting the molds etc they need to make the cats they have under contract should not be an issue.

Big Boy games...

I think those that think one person in this Corporate structure makes all the decisions are sadly misguided... Time will tell how everything will shake out, but I hope for the best for everyone...
Could it be that DW was nervous about the BT relationship and they would become second fiddle to lines owned by BT?

Old 04-02-2022, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Could it be that DW was nervous about the BT relationship and they would become second fiddle to lines owned by BT?
I cant see that at all, DW's are a hull of their own. They already carry Statement, Fountain and Donzi Cats. This looked to me as another line to enhance the over all choices within the market. Sounds like Cigarette is still moving forward with their cats, And we don't know if they were still going to be DW's anyway in name? So is it really a loss in the lines? This is in no way commenting about DW's compared to a different layup, just the name.

Last edited by bajaholic; 04-02-2022 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2022, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

I cant see that at all, DW's are a hull of their own. They already carry Statement, Fountain and Donzi Cats. This looked to me as another line to enhance the over all choices within the market. Sounds like Cigarette is still moving forward with their cats, And we don't know if they were still going to be DW's anyway in name? So is it really a loss in the lines? This is in no way commenting about DW's compared to a different layup, just the name.
I actually have no idea, I was just jerking your chain. Your hate for PBC and love for BT/Cigarette are clearly obvious. One can do nothing right, and the other can do no wrong.

In my opinion, they are both top notch.
Old 04-02-2022, 11:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Free publicity none the less.
Smarty (04-03-2022)
Old 04-02-2022, 11:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Free publicity nonetheless.
OFFSHOREJOJO (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 136 Likes on 63 Posts

No ethics in business today sad in a big merger had all our attention and failed to close deal? They are nice boats but

The following 2 users liked this post by OFFSHOREJOJO:
noli (04-03-2022), Smarty (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I actually have no idea, I was just jerking your chain. Your hate for PBC and love for BT/Cigarette are clearly obvious. One can do nothing right, and the other can do no wrong.

In my opinion, they are both top notch.
Next time your at the lake, stop over and have a drink.... I am sure you will have a better understanding of what you think you know about me. You may be surprised, or not.... But at least you will actually know...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.