Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Jt Trying To Brake 200 Mph On Dec 5th In The Ozarks >

Jt Trying To Brake 200 Mph On Dec 5th In The Ozarks

Notices

Jt Trying To Brake 200 Mph On Dec 5th In The Ozarks

Old 11-24-2002, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This for a piston power not turbine I take it. Would be quite an accomplishment either way. Talk about flying low.
Old 11-24-2002, 09:13 PM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

200mph? Damn!! Thats fast!!!
I know Russ & Tim took flight in Planet Man around the 175 mark but fortunately, the boat settled down.
How fast do you suppose a Skater can go.....safely...before it simply takes off?
Old 11-24-2002, 09:29 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That would be QUITE a achievement.

Jon
Old 11-25-2002, 07:08 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I too, assume this a piston engine powered Skater, which would be quite the feat!
As most of OSO already knows, this was recently accomplished by Callen Marine in their 43' Tencara, which was quite an accomplishment itself!
MD
Attached Thumbnails Jt Trying To Brake 200 Mph On Dec 5th In The Ozarks-203.2mphsmall.jpg  
Old 11-25-2002, 10:03 AM
Registered

Puder, Not froze but close!! The colder air temp. will help make more HP. I remember back when Reggie was trying to break the V Bottom record at his plant, it was during the winter and they kept having to put ice melt on the boat ramp!! (I read this in Powerboat)

Cutwater and everyone else, we may not get much info on the record attempt. The last time they did it no one heard about it until after they were done. I bet the reason is to keep from haveing any other boat's (or wakes) on the lake at that time!!

I think the falls would be a great place to watch the run from!!
Old 11-25-2002, 10:09 AM
Registered

Default I found this on Missouri Water Patrol Web site!!

Missouri Water Patrol December Regatta List

It says it's only for in the Morning!!!

Guess I'll have to drive down the night before!! Where does everyone want to meet up?

I hear the Dave Scott like some Catfish place just below the dam? We could crash the party! What do you think?
Old 11-25-2002, 10:16 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I found this on Missouri Water Patrol Web site!!

Originally posted by FunHome
Missouri Water Patrol December Regatta List
I hear the Dave Scott like some Catfish place just below the dam? We could crash the party! What do you think?
CAMP BAGNELL IS THE NAME OF THE CATFISH RESTAURANT...
Old 11-25-2002, 10:50 AM
TulsaLarry

Default from the APBA site:

UPDATE – 2002 LAKE OZARK KILO CHALLENGE Presented by Anheuser-Busch, Inc.

11/25/2002

Racers, the circulars have already gone out regarding the above Kilo. The Kilo is scheduled to be held on Lake Ozark, the morning of Thursday, December 5, 2002, 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. It is imperative you read this update as some items have changed from those listed on the circular. The changed items are highlighted below. The event schedule is as follows:

Thursday, December 4th
1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Registration at The Country Club
5 p.m. Driver’s Meeting at The Country Club
Friday, December 5th
7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Kilo --- Lake Ozark

To make the process more streamlined, we are asking participants to pre-register prior to December 4th, if possible. You may use the circular or call the Offshore office at 727-821-2722 and we will be happy to fax you a Registration Form. Further, the local club has provided a copy of the Kilo Map, as well as directions to The Country Club, information on the Lodge of the Four Seasons and the Holiday Inn, as well as directions to the Crane and Launch Site. This can either be emailed to you or faxed. Please contact the office to obtain same.

Trophies will be presented to the record holders after the event which will include the name of the boat and speed achieved.

IMPORTANT:
THIS EVENT IS STRICTLY GOVERNED BY THE MISSOURI STATE WATER PATROL. IF KILO TIME, NOISE LEVELS, ARE NOT ADHERED TO, THE REGATTA PERMIT WILL BE PULLED. THE WATER PATROL WILL ALSO TICKET AND REMOVE ANY BOAT THAT DOES NOT CONFORM TO
THEIR NOISE LIMITS OTHER THAN TO/FROM THE LAUNCH SITE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. THEREFORE, BE READY TO RUN WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE SITE.

Old 11-25-2002, 10:58 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: from the APBA site:

Originally posted by TulsaLarry

IMPORTANT:
THIS EVENT IS STRICTLY GOVERNED BY THE MISSOURI STATE WATER PATROL. IF KILO TIME, NOISE LEVELS, ARE NOT ADHERED TO, THE REGATTA PERMIT WILL BE PULLED. THE WATER PATROL WILL ALSO TICKET AND REMOVE ANY BOAT THAT DOES NOT CONFORM TO
THEIR NOISE LIMITS OTHER THAN TO/FROM THE LAUNCH SITE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. THEREFORE, BE READY TO RUN WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE SITE.
WHAT A CROCK!!
SEEMS LIKE A BUNCH OF B.S. TO ME; IT'S WINTER AND THEIR STILL GOING TO PULL THAT HIGH AND MIGHTY B.S.
THEY ARE GOING TO RUIN A GOOD THING BEFORE TOO LONG...
Old 11-25-2002, 11:05 AM
Registered

I second that TBone!!! The local's probably don't want to be disturbed while they drink their morning Decaf!!

You would think they would be excited that a World Record may be broken in their backyard!!!

Quick Reply: Jt Trying To Brake 200 Mph On Dec 5th In The Ozarks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.