Notices

Jt Trying To Brake 200 Mph On Dec 5th In The Ozarks

Old 12-03-2002, 09:02 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

"Jt. Trying to Brake 200 mph On Dec 5th......"
Just a small detail, don't you mean *BREAK instead of " Brake" . Just so ya know......
Good luck to the participants!!
Old 12-03-2002, 09:56 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Gordo
I also noticed the difference in dates/days on the APBA website, so I called last week and asked them about the schedule. I was told "Thursday and Friday". I know that the Kava Kava GM Vortech Extreme is registered to come up from Florida for the event and was also told the run was on Friday. By the way, the boat wasn't supposed to arrive here from Florida till Thursday afternoon. So, since I'm on duty Wednesday and Friday, meaning I get off duty 0700 Thursday morning, I beg to get the time off duty Friday, (our policy states vacation requests be at least 2 weeks in advance) so I can have Thursday & Friday off. My vacation gets approved, (after some "creative tact without actual sucking up"). Yesterday, Funhome calls me asking when Miklos and Decuices will arrive at LOTO. When we discuss dates, I again get nervous and called APBA.
NOW I find that there was a minor miscommunication and the days are actually Wednesday and Thursday.
GREAT !!!! I just wasted a vacation day for nothing, and have no hope of getting Wednesday off. I also had things set up for an incoming race team that is now wasted time, but the worst part is, some of the teams from Florida are now scrambling at this very moment to "load and go" so they will make it here in time.
Gawd I love racing sometimes.
Gordo why do you think that this sould be any different from any other APBA event? They run their shows like a bunch of 12 year olds, can not even match dates with days.

Jon
Old 12-03-2002, 10:11 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Yup.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:07 AM
Registered

Um, Kitten,
Most of us dont like to use the word "break" when referring to boats.
Gary
Old 12-03-2002, 11:14 AM
Registered

Mpally, I was thinking about that church also, since the boat's are putting in at the public boat ramp about 2 miles up the Gravois Arm it might be the closest to the action, but heck I don't know!?!? I still think the Falls Condo's would be awsome to watch from but I don't know anyone with one!? (The reason I say that is from watching the video of last years run)

Sherman, Where is windjammer condo's? When are you going down?
Old 12-03-2002, 11:18 AM
ssherman

sorry brad i got your PM I have been swamped. I am going down on wed night. the windjammer condo's are the ones just to the left of docknockers as you are facing the resturant from the water.

Old 12-03-2002, 12:00 PM
Registered

almost perfect, I will be down thursday morning till saturday to take care of some business. Probably wont be free for the event, I wish it was on friday.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:53 PM
ssherman

rumored over six boats @ LOTO.. some big skater with piston power also attempting the magic 200 I dont know anything about it any body have any clues?

Old 12-03-2002, 05:02 PM
ssherman

latest rumored boats

Cat can do SC
Liquid Metal SCLI
Big Thunder Marine (4-engine)
Dirty Duck SCLI aka: RAMBUOY
Vortec Kava Kava SVL single
Tommy Bahama (only if drambuie comes)
Bacardi Silver

just rumors heard third hand so I dont know how accurate

Old 12-03-2002, 05:22 PM
Registered

Sounds like it could get pretty interesting!!!

Quick Reply: Jt Trying To Brake 200 Mph On Dec 5th In The Ozarks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.