Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cigarette Racing Clothing Line >

Cigarette Racing Clothing Line

Notices

Cigarette Racing Clothing Line

Old 04-23-2022, 08:10 AM
  #51  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,136
Received 481 Likes on 270 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JaayTeee View Post
5 pages of negative press for Cigarette and not a peep
out of our resident Cigarette critic…. what’s up with that?
Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
Where out thou Jup?!
No need to pile on............

So billionaire owner, quadrupling sales, flying around in a 20 mm helicopter and the only new boat we have seen was a Doug Wright with stickers (and that didn't even work out)! Now we have "all new merch" yet it is just the same stuff with "all new higher pricing!"

Their new tag line should be: Cigarette all "Smoke and Mirrors" since 2021!
I've never seen a boat company so hyped up about the next chapter (yachts, jet skiis, tee shirts, hats).............YET WHERE ARE THE ACTUAL PERFORMANCE BOATS?
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Joe (04-25-2022)
Old 04-23-2022, 09:46 AM
  #52  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,410
Received 571 Likes on 262 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin View Post
which brings the next question and you answered it, why are rolexes so expensive, its just a watch? or a birkin handbag, just a holder for tampons and lipstick?
demand

need demand to increase prices. see previous post regarding the need for cig sales and clearances to sell thru mechandise.

my guess is Harley Davidson started small. Saw a huge demand for gear and couldn’t keep items on the shelf. There marketing guys sat down and said “wonder if we could upcharge for this crap and make a fortune”.

Cig is in the early innings…apples and oranges in my opinion.
1MOSES1 is offline  
Old 04-23-2022, 10:03 AM
  #53  
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Central Louisiana
Posts: 852
Received 545 Likes on 279 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood View Post
I just paid $140 for a Psycho Bunny hoodie but would I pay that for a Donzi hoodie? Probably not and I'm not sure why...
Really??? Psycho Bunny dog. Shiiiii t dog that hoodie is dope bro
Eddienel is offline  
Old 04-23-2022, 10:35 AM
  #54  
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Traverse City, Michigan
Posts: 4,750
Received 461 Likes on 203 Posts
Default

Outerlimits is charging $25 for a tee shirt and $30 for a hat.
Midnight Express $25 each.
Nortech $30 hat, $22 tee.

Interceptor is offline  
The following users liked this post:
thirdchildhood (04-23-2022)
Old 04-23-2022, 11:58 AM
  #55  
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,023
Received 1,064 Likes on 358 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1 View Post
demand

need demand to increase prices. see previous post regarding the need for cig sales and clearances to sell thru mechandise.

my guess is Harley Davidson started small. Saw a huge demand for gear and couldn’t keep items on the shelf. There marketing guys sat down and said “wonder if we could upcharge for this crap and make a fortune”.

Cig is in the early innings…apples and oranges in my opinion.
sounds like what i said wayyyyy up there^^^ the market will dictate... but I digress...
offshoredrillin is offline  
Old 04-23-2022, 11:59 AM
  #56  
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
Posts: 12,978
Received 1,703 Likes on 580 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Outerlimits is charging $25 for a tee shirt and $30 for a hat.
Midnight Express $25 each.
Nortech $30 hat, $22 tee.

damn, I’m gonna have to call Dan and get a few shirts. 😁😁😁
thisistank is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by thisistank:
Indy (04-23-2022), LivinVIP (05-15-2022), speicher lane (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022, 08:56 PM
  #57  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
pm203's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: MA and NH
Posts: 3,704
Received 82 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
No need to pile on............

So billionaire owner, quadrupling sales, flying around in a 20 mm helicopter and the only new boat we have seen was a Doug Wright with stickers (and that didn't even work out)! Now we have "all new merch" yet it is just the same stuff with "all new higher pricing!"

Their new tag line should be: Cigarette all "Smoke and Mirrors" since 2021!
I've never seen a boat company so hyped up about the next chapter (yachts, jet skiis, tee shirts, hats).............YET WHERE ARE THE ACTUAL PERFORMANCE BOATS?
How about giving them a little bit of time. It took Skip a short while to get going. Why so much negativity?
pm203 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by pm203:
offshoredrillin (04-25-2022), Smarty (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022, 10:02 PM
  #58  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Rotonda West, Florida
Posts: 2,484
Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

Deleted post, I agree why the negativity.




Last edited by Smarty; 04-24-2022 at 10:12 PM.
Smarty is offline  
Old 04-25-2022, 08:44 AM
  #59  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,136
Received 481 Likes on 270 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
How about giving them a little bit of time. It took Skip a short while to get going. Why so much negativity?

I gave it 5 pages!

I'd think CRT was a well oiled machine, not sure how much time they would need to ramp up production but then again Bud Lorow bailed and they canceled their dealership agreement with their largest dealer so they may have some hiccups going on.

Best of luck to the whole company, no matter what product they are planning on producing!
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Smarty (04-28-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 09:10 AM
  #60  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mansfield, TX
Posts: 6,187
Received 167 Likes on 92 Posts
Default

Man, for late April some of you guy's are doing a whole lot of keyboard boating........
TexomaPowerboater is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by TexomaPowerboater:
pm203 (04-27-2022), Smarty (04-28-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.