Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Skater V in Key West Pics? >

Skater V in Key West Pics?

Notices

Skater V in Key West Pics?

Old 11-26-2002, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS BAJA. in some of the other pics i mistook it for a cat. the trailer pic is cool.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:36 AM
Registered

it looks sweet. i'd almost buy one for looks alone. any ideas on why it didn't run well?
Old 11-26-2002, 09:53 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The boat was set up for Super Vee lite.........with Merc 525's.... forced to run Super Vee.......Politics/Sponsor stuff.......

Apparently has the tabs mounted too far inboard and/or driver couldn't compensate for chine walking. Regardless, it still turned in the fastest lap times of any Super Vee lite boat, before various gremlins slowed the boat.....

No doubt this is the boat to beat next year.......If you must have (gasp)........... a vee bottom.

On the other hand, you could invest in therapy for penis envy.......and after successful completion go out and buy a cat.......a Skater of course.

T2x
Old 11-26-2002, 09:56 AM
Offshore Roller

I must say, interesting lines. Reminds me of planetman in a Vee. However I must also say that it has so much lift from the steps I'm going to be that the thing hops around corners and can't stay in the water. Great in a straight line..pfft, hopefully they can get this problem corrected, sounds like a nightmare..w/ the #6 Drive that thing must create some serious stern lift..

Old 11-26-2002, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T2x,They spun the props in to get more speed thats when I saw it chining and hunting alot, for Saturdays race they put 'em back spinning out, it was alot more predictable but not as fast.... It still did excellent for a debute boat and it is an impeccably built boat. I have to figure out how to get my video tapes made into digital so I can post some shots or movies. It was an unbelievable weekend!!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry about the asses Didn't have time to wait...
Attached Thumbnails Skater V in Key West Pics?-p1010057.jpg  
Old 11-26-2002, 10:43 AM
Registered

What a Boat ! I look forward to seeing more of them.
Attached Thumbnails Skater V in Key West Pics?-skater-1a.jpg  
Old 11-29-2002, 09:56 PM
skyking6942

Thumbs down SKATER V

DID YOU HAPPEN TO SEE THAT IT FINISHED DEAD LAST WITH 525HP, NOT SO VERY FAST

Old 11-29-2002, 10:34 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I know the Skater finished last in Super V. What I'm wondering is how he got put in that class? I know instigator is running over 700 hp so I would guess the other boats are too.

Isn't it more a Super V lite boat? 525s and bravos or Vs, I can't tell from the photo.

I'm confused
Old 11-29-2002, 11:33 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Cat, ITS drives don't use the external steering rams. Just a tie bar. See the ITS drives on the bad boy boat.

Oh Cat, I guess that little saying on the transom is their way of flaunting their religious beliefs. You know how some people like to bring up the subject whenever they get the chance. Funny, I didn't even notice it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quick Reply: Skater V in Key West Pics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.