Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Insurance renewal (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/376269-insurance-renewal.html)

F-2 Speedy 07-04-2022 12:05 PM

Insurance renewal

I know another insurance thread, my policy renews at the 7-31 and they are requiring an out of water survey by a AMS / SAMS accredited surveyor, from some of the posts Ive seen some of them have had issues getting it right. Maybe its time to shop around ? never had a claim on any of the boats I've owned. 700-800 bucks for an hours worth of work seems a little extreme to me.

Unlimited jd 07-04-2022 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy (Post 4837310)
I know another insurance thread, my policy renews at the 7-31 and they are requiring an out of water survey by a AMS / SAMS accredited surveyor, from some of the posts Ive seen some of them have had issues getting it right. Maybe its time to shop around ? never had a claim on any of the boats I've owned. 700-800 bucks for an hours worth of work seems a little extreme to me.

an insurance survey shouldn’t be that much, and a real survey shouldn’t take an hour. I don’t know anyone out your way, but a good survey would actually be worthwhile

F-2 Speedy 07-04-2022 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd (Post 4837316)
an insurance survey shouldn’t be that much, and a real survey shouldn’t take an hour. I don’t know anyone out your way, but a good survey would actually be worthwhile

I had a survey done on this boat in 2017 to get insurance and it was 700 bucks..... and I agree on the time the guy talked for an hour before he did anything

bencini231 07-04-2022 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy (Post 4837310)

I do know of one gentleman near you, Not sure what he charges for a insurance survey, but he is 100% top notch. He handles a lot of the new performance boats around LOTO as well as quite a few from the MTI factory. I'll text you his card info after work. He drove to Paducah to survey one of mine.

F-2 Speedy 07-04-2022 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by bencini231 (Post 4837321)
I do know of one gentleman near you, Not sure what he charges for a insurance survey, but he is 100% top notch. He handles a lot of the new performance boats around LOTO as well as quite a few from the MTI factory. I'll text you his card info after work. He drove to Paducah to survey one of mine.

Thanks man....

F-2 Speedy 07-05-2022 10:47 AM

Well I got lucky, found a guy local to me in the KC area to get the survey done and very reasonable $$$

HOSSMAN 07-05-2022 11:13 AM

Just got done meeting with the surveyor on our cruiser for the new owner. Buyers bank required the survey and also requested a haul out. Guy paid 1200 for the survey and another 800 bucks to just to haul it out, take a pic of it out of the water and drop it back in.

Griff 07-05-2022 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy (Post 4837320)
I had a survey done on this boat in 2017 to get insurance and it was 700 bucks..... and I agree on the time the guy talked for an hour before he did anything

Bets bet would prob be to have the same person update the survey. I'm fairly sure you will need a new survey for any new insurance company you might go with too.

F-2 Speedy 07-06-2022 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 4837442)
Bets bet would prob be to have the same person update the survey. I'm fairly sure you will need a new survey for any new insurance company you might go with too.

The 2017 survey was done at Table rock and the guy came out of Little rock now the boat stays in my shop so the local guy is just 30 min away, agree on all the insurance co. wanting it

frickstyle 07-06-2022 04:38 PM

Has any other company come online? I am grandfathered with Foremost, another +16.5% hike this year. $5,292 for a 1990 Top Gun.

I heard the Outerlimits owners were having issues also.