Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
any less expensive wet slip in florida? >

any less expensive wet slip in florida?

Notices

any less expensive wet slip in florida?

Old 09-14-2022, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 1,284 Likes on 473 Posts

The basin in front of Bayfront Park in Sarasota. The city made it an official mooring (fee) a few years ago. Most were nice sailboats who stayed put but the rift raft moved outside the mooring field and created a floating trailer park clogging up that part bay.
The following users liked this post:
tommymonza (09-14-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 562 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by hoodoo
The basin in front of Bayfront Park in Sarasota. The city made it an official mooring (fee) a few years ago. Most were nice sailboats who stayed put but the rift raft moved outside the mooring field and created a floating trailer park clogging up that part bay.
yep same thing in fort meyers beach. Just pushed the dirtbags further back into the mangroves.

I’ve been a yachting guy for 35 years down in Florida and I am all about anchor rights but than we get the tent city scum that ruin it for everyone.

Biggest worry during any little blow is the unattended junk boats breaking free or dragging down on you to your death.
Old 09-15-2022, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by hoodoo

The other issue with the floating trailer parks is the "lack of pump outs" issue. Peanut Island has a bunch of vagabond boats and some beautiful blue water yet for some odd reason the water tests routinely cause the swimming areas to get shut down. The bum boaters are crapping in buckets, then rinsing the buckets in the water which contaminates the area. Seems like when one boat sinks/gets removed, another 2 appear in that spot!
tommymonza (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Fock that place to many Lbgtq-wxyz’s but that least of the problem consider all the Libs that live there.
You know they all got on I-75 right after Labor Day headed to Ft. Myer and Sarasota ! We're safe until next May when their Florida condo leases expire.
Wildman_grafix (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 1,310 Likes on 731 Posts

LOL, yup.

Originally Posted by Interceptor
You know they all got on I-75 right after Labor Day headed to Ft. Myer and Sarasota ! We're safe until next May when their Florida condo leases expire.
The following 4 users liked this post by Wildman_grafix:
dirtlawyer (09-16-2022), floatingphil (09-15-2022), Knot 4 Me (09-15-2022), tommymonza (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 11:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
The other issue with the floating trailer parks is the "lack of pump outs" issue. Peanut Island has a bunch of vagabond boats and some beautiful blue water yet for some odd reason the water tests routinely cause the swimming areas to get shut down. The bum boaters are crapping in buckets, then rinsing the buckets in the water which contaminates the area. Seems like when one boat sinks/gets removed, another 2 appear in that spot!
Yep and these guys here are usually found hanging around the public bathrooms on City Island. Some are quite militant about the local homeowners blasting through the designated route between the real mooring field and their floating shanty town.
tommymonza (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 11:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor

Old 09-15-2022, 03:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Yeah, Ive been going to Peanut for almost 14 years now. You dont notice them on the weekend since there are so many boats, but if you take the afternoon off and go up on a weekday, there are 15-20 tied off all over Peanut island. There is a group of complete chit, ready to sink boats that really F-up the view if you know what I mean. These are literally like homeless people that have all their belongings and collect junk in shopping carts. Half of them look abandoned. BUT They arent, people live on them with a 12 foot bayou style rowboat with a 5hp to go to the mainland. These boats never leave and they have junk piled on them 4 feet high. I will get pictures for you guys if its nice this weekend.

Just last weekend we were joking that this is the result of 5 years without any hurricanes, Cause the first one that comes, 95% of these will be gone.
tommymonza (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm operations manager at a large marina on Bradenton Beach. We discontinued live aboard several years ago. Customers would dump sh!t tanks at night, instead of using free pump out...
tommymonza (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

We're at $25-$27/ft for annual wet slips.5-10 minutes to gulf.
SB (09-15-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.