Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
APBA Key West 2002 - Rate it! >

APBA Key West 2002 - Rate it!

Notices
View Poll Results: APBA 2002 Opinions?
Awesome!!! Without a doubt, great racing. Great Time.
17.76%
Very Good. Very enjoyable, always look forward to it.
2.51%
Good. Would do it again.
1.16%
Not Bad. Not my thing, could use improvement; Okay if you're into it.
0.77%
Hate it.
77.80%
Voters: 518. You may not vote on this poll

APBA Key West 2002 - Rate it!

Old 11-27-2002, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron P, I paid $35 for Saturday and Sunday combined.

With all the people voting that they hated it where are there posts explaining why?

Key West has always been and still remains the best place to hold the World Championships.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:22 PM
Registered

Default I know Todd Werner Hated it!

Maybe he was one of those who voted he hated it. I wonder how he likes his special award? (see racers roundup)
Old 11-27-2002, 05:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Troutly the job is all yours!!
Yes and the cuffs can come too, just leave the pepper spray at home.
Are you going to make in the the Miami show again this year??
Hope so, you missed good one in Key West. My neck among othetr things are still recovering!
BG XO
Old 11-27-2002, 06:10 PM
Registered

Originally posted by boater31v
Ron P, I paid $35 for Saturday and Sunday combined.

With all the people voting that they hated it where are there posts explaining why?

Key West has always been and still remains the best place to hold the World Championships.
Excellent point....Boater31v

It really would be nice if some of that HUGE percentage explained why it was so bad. Every ones opinion is welcomed. Why dont you people give some reasons? Maybe your reasons will fall upon ears that can help make it better next time
Old 11-27-2002, 06:30 PM
Registered

Our sport will never grow and get the coverage it needs until, APBA or SBI gets a large sponsor with BIG $$$$ for many copters and camera's for produce it like an NASCAR, F1, Indy or even a formula 2000 race.

The production for tv is what it's all about to make this sport grow. SPONSORS

This sport needs to be shown as a corporate event, not a rich mans hobby.

I love boat racing watching and competing. So in no way do I want it to go away, but 2 sanctioning bodies will not help to get support. Look at Indy and CART. When it was one they had everything, now the fight for events and sponsors to get the teams to compete.

just my .02
Old 11-27-2002, 08:38 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Top shelf as always....just keeps getting better. The dry pits were great and the view of the course from the shore was excellent! Only downer was APBA's treatment of Drambuie on Ice, in very poor taste from a fans perspective!
Old 11-27-2002, 09:29 PM
Registered

Originally posted by DOG
Anyone ever been to an SBI race in Key West? Much more fan friendly. Last couple of years they had bleachers so everyone could have a great seat and enjoy the race. Wish APBA would show a liitle more care for its fans.
It's a lot easier to make a race fan friendly in the confines of Key West when you only have forty boats I suppose ...

The biggest problem with APBA races is there are too many people and the traffic can get really bad around the pits ... everybody and their brother has red or purple wrist bands (that's not just a problem in Key West by the way, but at many of the sites).
Old 11-27-2002, 09:32 PM
Registered

Yo Beckles... good to meet you down there...beware of the jello my friend...
Old 11-28-2002, 07:22 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by DOG
Last couple of years they had bleachers so everyone could have a great seat and enjoy the race.
You want bleachers? What the hell do you call that giant cruise ship right next to the course? It's like the worlds best grandstands!

Sounds like somebody likes voting, again and again and again...

I thought it was outstanding!
Old 11-28-2002, 07:41 AM
Registered

We used to let just registered members vote on polls, since the number of registered members to lurkers is 10 to 1 we changed that option several months ago hoping to get the lurkers to give their input. After seeing such a strange result in the poll we did a little investigating in the software. Conclusion, I wouldn't take that poll too seriously as it appears someone had a bone to pick.

As far as Drambuie, OSO was one of the pace boats and was privy to some information that the spectators weren't. Drambuie place first on Wednesday and third on Sunday. Virgin did the opposite. In that situation I understand you then go based on time. However, the course was changed due to the cruise ships between races. Therefore, I believe that some calculations needed to be made that would take more than a few minutes.

What would be worse? Not giving the flag until later, or taking the flag away once issued and calculations are made after the fact?

Just stating the facts, remember APBA is not an advertiser here!!
We keep a relationship with SBI and APBA as we have learned in our recent survey of OSO members that 75% of OSO members follow or are involved with racing in some capacity.

Quick Reply: APBA Key West 2002 - Rate it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.