Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Rinker Deckboat Is A Real Regatta Kicker (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/377163-rinker-deckboat-real-regatta-kicker.html)

Matt Trulio 09-21-2022 12:44 PM

Rinker Deckboat Is A Real Regatta Kicker

Chances are good that you'll hear it before you see it, https://www.speedonthewater.com/rink...egatta-kicker/.

Wildman_grafix 09-21-2022 02:13 PM

Man I wish I would have invested in hearing aids when we first started making high power 12V amplifiers.

Not my words, what Jim Fogate told me years ago one day we were working on some amps.

Matt Trulio 09-21-2022 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix (Post 4845709)
Man I wish I would have invested in hearing aids when we first started making high power 12V amplifiers.

Not my words, what Jim Fogate told me years ago one day we were working on some amps.

What an awesome quote.

PremierPOWER 09-22-2022 07:21 AM

Again, I cannot help myself but to call this guy out on his claims.

I would love to know the exact list of the equipment in this build, I cannot imagine how it is even close to $100k. In my cabin cruiser, I have all top of the line JL and have about $35k in all materials. I did the labor myself and saved around $31k with 250 hours in the build @ $125/ hour (No clue what the going hourly rate is).

Going further, 28,000 watts at 12.5 VDC equates to 2,240 amps (at full volume). The only amps that I am aware of that have full output at 12.5 - 14.4 volts are JL Audio's HD line. This 26' boat obviously doesn't have a generator so it will not be above 12.5 volts (13 volts if lithium) while off of shore power. Just for fun, I looked at Kicker's line of marine amps and the largest is a 1200/2, which would only make sense for 2 subs but whatever. Regardless, 14 amps x 1200 watts is 16,800 watts.

I would absolutely love to see what possible battery setup that could fit on a 26' boat and would allow him to run this system for 10 hours. Even if it was a lithium setup with 100ah batteries that he was draining down to 0% SOC (which is unrealistic), it would be ~22 group 31 size batteries. Now, obviously no one cranks the volume all the way up for 10 hours, but you get my point.

techman 09-22-2022 07:25 AM

Again, I cannot help myself but to call this guy out on his claims
Someone with a boat exaggerating claims of power, speed, capability? Nah....

LOL!!! :bsflag:

Wildman_grafix 09-22-2022 08:28 AM

I am not even getting into the claims, or just the question of why but it seems to be bringing him lots of advertisement. I mean the weight of the equipment alone.

SB 09-22-2022 08:57 AM

Crazy set up for sure, even if not at specs given.

Matt Trulio 09-22-2022 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER (Post 4845789)
Again, I cannot help myself but to call this guy out on his claims.

I would love to know the exact list of the equipment in this build, I cannot imagine how it is even close to $100k. In my cabin cruiser, I have all top of the line JL and have about $35k in all materials. I did the labor myself and saved around $31k with 250 hours in the build @ $125/ hour (No clue what the going hourly rate is).

Going further, 28,000 watts at 12.5 VDC equates to 2,240 amps (at full volume). The only amps that I am aware of that have full output at 12.5 - 14.4 volts are JL Audio's HD line. This 26' boat obviously doesn't have a generator so it will not be above 12.5 volts (13 volts if lithium) while off of shore power. Just for fun, I looked at Kicker's line of marine amps and the largest is a 1200/2, which would only make sense for 2 subs but whatever. Regardless, 14 amps x 1200 watts is 16,800 watts.

I would absolutely love to see what possible battery setup that could fit on a 26' boat and would allow him to run this system for 10 hours. Even if it was a lithium setup with 100ah batteries that he was draining down to 0% SOC (which is unrealistic), it would be ~22 group 31 size batteries. Now, obviously no one cranks the volume all the way up for 10 hours, but you get my point.

First, he claimed 25,000 watts. I don't know if that makes a huge difference in your math but you should at least start with that number.

Second, why don't you just call him if his claims disturb you that much? Same goes for the valuation of his system. I have forwarded your questions and objections to Mr. Cuvelier. Perhaps he will respond here. But why not just call him and tell him your thoughts directly? Simpler and more efficient.

Plus, his feedback might confirm your thinking. Or it might change it. Either way, I think you'll sleep better.

PremierPOWER 09-22-2022 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 4845805)
First, he claimed 25,000 watts. I don't know if that makes a huge difference in your math but you should at least start with that number.

Second, why don't you just call him if his claims disturb you that much? Same goes for the valuation of his system. I have forwarded your questions and objections to Mr. Cuvelier. Perhaps he will respond here. But why not just call him and tell him your thoughts directly? Simpler and more efficient.

Plus, his feedback might confirm your thinking. Or it might change it. Either way, I think you'll sleep better.

This was a copy and paste of my response to the last article on this boat a couple months ago, which stated 28,000 "amps." Obviously I knew the amps was a typo and that you meant watts. 25k or 28k, it is still 100% incorrect. I'm simply curious exactly what speakers/ subs/ amps he has. No reason to get your feelings hurt/ defensive over someone calling out complete BS numbers. Not calling you or your article BS, just the info that the guy gave you. Go look at the comments in the last article about this, I am clearly not the only one laughing at his ridiculous claims.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...0a107b98c2.png

Matt Trulio 09-22-2022 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER (Post 4845813)
This was a copy and paste of my response to the last article on this boat a couple months ago, which stated 28,000 "amps." Obviously I knew the amps was a typo and that you meant watts. 25k or 28k, it is still 100% incorrect. I'm simply curious exactly what speakers/ subs/ amps he has. No reason to get your feelings hurt/ defensive over someone calling out complete BS numbers. Not calling you or your article BS, just the info that the guy gave you. Go look at the comments in the last article about this, I am clearly not the only one laughing at his ridiculous claims.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...0a107b98c2.png

You missed my point, but maybe it's because I didn't make it clearly. If so, I apologizee.

I don't care how many people find his claims ludicrous. I just don't understand why, based on the considerable effort you put into your response, why you wouldn't reach out to him directly rather than initiate an Internet pile one. For the record, the "amps" mention in the prior story was pulled from—and sourced to—the company's website. If they made an error, and they may well have, I repeated it, which is on me.

Mr. Cuvelier has assured me he will respond to this thread. I look forward—as I'm sure you do.