Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Think I am going to buy a 99 32 Fever.  Any last words of advice? >

Think I am going to buy a 99 32 Fever. Any last words of advice?

Notices

Think I am going to buy a 99 32 Fever. Any last words of advice?

Old 09-30-2022, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

I had my boat at Bowker Fiberglass in Zeeland, Mi when they were correcting the flaws in the Powerquest hull bottoms.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 795 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
Pq never competed with baja? you are joking right? you do know that the Powerquest razor was built to compete with a Baja hammer right, I'm sure you know that,

I owned a 280 PQ with 500 HP motor , I know the ride it gives if you think your 280 rides on rails I guarantee you you have not driven 32 Fountain,

I forgot more about Powerquest that I care to admit I was a loyal customer and they used to build a good production boat but don't kid yourself they are what they are.

as far as cookie cutters and filling showrooms full of boats, that's exactly what power quest used to do, did you ever hear of pier 33, reviewer marine, Kramer marine company, the list goes on and on all dealers all showrooms full for PowerQuest
production boats

anyways i will let you believe what ever you want
Boatnt,

Yeah.... Sure. And the Porsche Cayanne was built to compete with the Hyundai Tuscon. Being the same length with similar purpose doesn't make for a "competitor". Otherwise, is the larger Formula cruisers meant to "compete" against the larger Maxum cruisers?

PowerQuest was building boats that dealerships ordered. What the dealerships did with them was up to them.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 10-03-2022, 06:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SeaNile31
I'm still thinking for about 40k a 32 Fever w/502s is hard to beat. Great advice on here and I really appreciate it!
Seanile31,

And that's what matters. Your money; your boating time. $40K is what we paid for our 2002 PQ 280 last April, but it was a virtually perfect hanger queen with only 143 hrs and factory ProCharger. If you can get about anything with twins that doesn't need a bunch of work for $40K, I'd say that's a deal.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 10-03-2022, 07:55 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

32 with 502 mags is a great boat. We have one here we've serviced forever. Used to have whipples and ran high 80s.
As with ANY fountain....check the transom and stringers. If the tail pipes come through the transom with a plastic beauty ring, it needs a transom. Period.
The following users liked this post:
SB (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Boatnt,

Yeah.... Sure. And the Porsche Cayanne was built to compete with the Hyundai Tuscon. Being the same length with similar purpose doesn't make for a "competitor". Otherwise, is the larger Formula cruisers meant to "compete" against the larger Maxum cruisers?

PowerQuest was building boats that dealerships ordered. What the dealerships did with them was up to them.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
that's funny! Lol

you have no idea what you are talking about, you own a PQ and are letting your emotions show, Hard to have a honest conversation with anybody when emotions are involved

I will leave you to your believes

FYI if you're out running and come across a 27 ,29 or a 32 fountain might want to rethink running with them as they will ruin your day!

Porsche /Hyundai comparison is hilarious!

take care

Last edited by boatnt; 10-03-2022 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-03-2022, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
32 with 502 mags is a great boat. We have one here we've serviced forever. Used to have whipples and ran high 80s.
As with ANY fountain....check the transom and stringers. If the tail pipes come through the transom with a plastic beauty ring, it needs a transom. Period.
agree 100%
and yes that is the number one reason fountains have transom issues
Old 10-03-2022, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
that's funny! Lol

you have no idea what you are talking about, you own a PQ and are letting your emotions show,

I will leave you to your believes

FYI if you're out running and come across a 27 ,29 or a 32 fountain might want to rethink running with them as they will ruin your day?

Porsche /Hyundai comparison is hilarious!

take care
Boatnt,

I didn't buy a race boat, so, no, I don't engage in challenges with strangers. I chose not to make those compromises. Besides, the two extra people riding comfortably in my boat would probably prefer I didn't anyway....

So is trying to suggest PQ "tried" competing with Baja.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 10-03-2022, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
You know what is strange to me on that, I have been all through a bunch of fountains and now am redoing my cabin and cockpit. I have been impressed with a lot of the thought that went into the design, you could tell they thought through a lot in order to make them easy to produce yet quality. I know people knock them a lot but I am just now redoing my 22 year old cockpit and cabin (Cabin didn't need it just wanted to match). And that is with never having inside storage the last 11 years. They used good materials.

Know a couple others that are even older. You look at other performance boats made in the mid 90's or later and most were pretty bad.

But then you get to something as SIMPLE as sealing the exhaust and they failed BIG time. It's like what the heck were they thinking?
BTW I have redid my transom and stringers.

I do got to say the boat is imprssive when you run them hard.
The following users liked this post:
TeamSaris (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

When you think about boat transom design one of the worse things to do is build it with wood and than encapsulate it in fiberglass fabric followed by drilling/cutting some holes through the fiberglass and wood You just created an excellent failure mode regardless how it's sealed,
The following 4 users liked this post by Interceptor:
boatnt (10-03-2022), Indy (10-03-2022), Perfect Storm (10-04-2022), Wildman_grafix (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
You know what is strange to me on that, I have been all through a bunch of fountains and now am redoing my cabin and cockpit. I have been impressed with a lot of the thought that went into the design, you could tell they thought through a lot in order to make them easy to produce yet quality. I know people knock them a lot but I am just now redoing my 22 year old cockpit and cabin (Cabin didn't need it just wanted to match). And that is with never having inside storage the last 11 years. They used good materials.

Know a couple others that are even older. You look at other performance boats made in the mid 90's or later and most were pretty bad.

But then you get to something as SIMPLE as sealing the exhaust and they failed BIG time. It's like what the heck were they thinking?
BTW I have redid my transom and stringers.

I do got to say the boat is imprssive when you run them hard.
Speaking of that - who did your transom work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.