Norway-Based Sudrheim Offshore Racing Team Coming To Class 1

Notices

Norway-Based Sudrheim Offshore Racing Team Coming To Class 1

Old 11-29-2022, 11:02 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,225 Posts
Default Norway-Based Sudrheim Offshore Racing Team Coming To Class 1

With the new Sudrheim Offshore Racing team coming for the 2023 season, Norway will be back in the truly international Class 1 mix, https://www.speedonthewater.com/norw...ng-to-class-1/
The following users liked this post:
Dd24skater (11-29-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Next year is shaping up to be an awesome year for Class 1 with Victory, Mystic, MTI and now Skater (M-Con 438 and JBS 46) in the mix! I'm glad they went to the Merc 1100 as the only spec engine next year, so we know the teams all have equal power - as long as the race organizations keep the teams from cheating. We all know it's all about the computers with those motors. Thanks for the news Matt!
OPS VZLA (11-30-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Skater30
Next year is shaping up to be an awesome year for Class 1 with Victory, Mystic, MTI and now Skater (M-Con 438 and JBS 46) in the mix! I'm glad they went to the Merc 1100 as the only spec engine next year, so we know the teams all have equal power - as long as the race organizations keep the teams from cheating. We all know it's all about the computers with those motors. Thanks for the news Matt!
I wonder if the race org could either give everyone a spec computer at each race or scan for changes before each. Scanning doesn't take long.
OPS VZLA (11-30-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I wonder if the race org could either give everyone a spec computer at each race or scan for changes before each. Scanning doesn't take long.
I would think they would install sealed ECUs to each team's engines the morning of the race, like they do in F1 tunnel boat racing. The only thing that sucks about that for the teams is I've heard that there have been bad ECUs installed that cost the teams valuable points towards championships. It really is the only way I see cheating could be avoided though.
Wildman_grafix (11-30-2022)