Notices

28 Pantera

Old 11-29-2002, 06:59 PM
xtremeracingf1

Default 28 Pantera

Looking for some in-put good or bad about the 28 Pantera.Anyone have any personal experience with performance in big water?
Or any suggestions on any others boat in the same size and class?

Old 11-29-2002, 08:10 PM
BJM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are your intentions? Race or pleasure.
Old 11-29-2002, 10:13 PM
xtremeracingf1

BJ,
Possible racing,tring to see what information I can find.Do you have any infor. you can share...

Old 11-30-2002, 07:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I owned a 1996 28' Pantera with a single Merc 525SC and it was an awesome boat. It now belongs to Griff on this board. These things LOVE the rough water. If you are looking for a 28' boat to run in the ocean or in any rough water, Pantera is the ticket!!

www.panteraboats.com

Lynch Mob (F2-3)
Old 11-30-2002, 07:50 AM
xtremeracingf1

Thanks for the info...
Do you know what kind of speeds hes running with the 525's

Thanks Again

Old 11-30-2002, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't leave out the 28 Saber, I've rode in a few of these and rough water is not a problem. They say the 28 Saber's are similar to the Pantera. Buzzin-Bye has a 28 Saber with 500's that was tested in Powerboat mag. I think it went 85.
Old 11-30-2002, 10:35 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I've ridden in and driven Griff's boat. I've also run right next to him in mine. About 65 mph with the 525, but Griff feels it has slowed down a little while he has owned it. As for rough water, the Pantera and the Saber are similar hulls with very similar handling characteristics. I've been in a former race 28 Saber (the old Wave Hippie, Apache Kid on this board used to own it). We ran that boat from Grand Haven to Muskegon one afternoon in 6 footers (Lake Michigan 6 footers) and it was an awsome ride!!! I've driven Griff's boat thru the wake of Lutzparty's boat (a 34 Sea Ray) and actually had a hard time getting any air!!! It cut the wak to well. I was actually kinda bummed. LOL!!! You couldn't go wrong with either of these boats. And the factories for both of them are very helpful to anyone who ones one of their boats, not just the original owner.

Mike
Old 11-30-2002, 12:50 PM
JGB
Registered

I have a 2000 pantera 28 with twin 496 mags (375hp each) I have 65 hours on the boat and can say once you get comfortable with the boat it eats up the roughstuff. the rougher the better and mine rides the best in the upper mph range in the rough stuff. I like the saber 28s just as much as the pantera but since I am from florida the proximity to the factory played a big role in my decision. Top speed with my setup is 76-78 mph totally stock with light load and favorable conditions(2-3ft washing machine chop). I must say that the more time you have on the boat the better you make it perform. I like to think i have made it past my learning curve and can honestly say this boat is predictable and forgiving 99% of the time in 3-6 footers but she feels faster is better in the rough. These boats are built like tanks and because of that they tend to be heavier than most in the same size/class. The saber is heavier than most boats also which equates to a better ride in the rough than a lighter boat. Saber and pantera are very similar in their construction/ weight/ performance.

good Luck
Old 11-30-2002, 01:49 PM
BJM
Registered

Frank

I owned a 24 and now have a 28. It has a 700hp engine in it now and does close to 90. I use to race with jo in Factory-1 in this boat. It is a great ride and competitive but you won't win any races in(APBA) Factory-1. The boat is very big and has no steps or a pad. You must have one of the two to compete with the top F-1 boats. It is however a great boat all around. It is bigger than most 28's and does handle rough water well. I'm happy with mine and the support from jo is second to none. Any questions feel free to call me 610 742-0078.

Both of my boats happen to be for sale

1999 28 Pantera--55,000

2001 27 Activator-60,000

Happy Holidays
B.J.Maher
Old 11-30-2002, 01:57 PM
Registered

So BJ, if the 27 Activator is for sale, what are your plans for next year?

Jim

Quick Reply: 28 Pantera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.