Notices

CBPBA December Meeting

Old 12-02-2002, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CBPBA December Meeting

The Chesapeake Bay Power Boat Assoc. will hold its December meeting tommorw night December 3rd at 7:30. The location will be Mike's Crab House in Annapolis. Anyone that lives in the area and is not a member we welcome you to come and join us. For more information please go to www.cbpba.com
Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2002, 10:26 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, do you guys still run races or just poker runs? Where you the club that put on the Annapolis race a few years back?
Old 12-02-2002, 12:17 PM
Registered

Hey RonP I am not sure what race you are talking about. Right now we are doing poker runs and the Chesapeake Bay Swim. We want to do more races but getting the support and putting them together is tough.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default That was us

Hi Ron, yeah we did the Annapolis, Kent Island, and Baltimore races. Unfortunately internal and external politics basically killed off any desire on the part of the club to do races. There have been little whispers of doing club class type stuff again, but those people are summarily executed The old hands in the club know the aggravation involved and realize that poker runs and other fun events are more condusive to the general well being-and financial security I personally loved doing the races but the crap to make it happen just got too damn deep.

But, you never know....there are a lot of great new members(like Mike) and the fire may be lit again.....we shall see.

Me at the last Baltimore Race:
Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2002, 05:58 PM
Irish Mist

Ted is right, but it wasn’t only the politics it is the cost to pull off such an event. We never missed paying out the promised purse no matter how it effected our pocket book. That in of it’s self says a lot about the caliber of the organization. The sacationing bodies have put such stringent financial demands on the host club that it is near impossible to put on a first class event.

The local sponsors have turned to doing poker runs on their own since they can see immediate returns on their investment. Hey it’s all about bu$ine$$.

I also agree with Ted that the new membership must carry the torch and they (with guidance of us old timers) can decide whether it is racing or poker runs for the Chesapeake Bay.