Help Wanted - need employees

Notices

Help Wanted - need employees

Old 12-03-2002, 03:25 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Help Wanted - need employees

Boy, I hope I don't get in trouble for putting this here but I don’t see a help wanted section in the classifieds. There is such a range of people on this site that I figured there might be a board member or friend of one who might be interested.

My growing business in Fort Lauderdale needs help. In fact many of you on the board have contributed to our growth. We are moving to a new facility soon and in advance of next season we are looking for a few good men (woman would be ok too) with a pretty broad range of skills.

Right now we actually need at least 2 people, the first would be a shop helper type. He would handle teardowns, cleaning of parts, testing and spray painting of finished drives and transmissions.

The second needs to have some precision tool and machine experience and really good mechanical skills. He would be doing some machine work and assembling drives and transmissions. There might be an occasional rigging job here and there.

This is not the typical boat shop as we currently do more bench work than work on boats, but that might change in our new building.

We are also not currently building engines, but own most of the equipment needed. After our move we will be setting up a dyno along with the rest of the equipment. That is not the business I want to be in but it is possible that we might put a few together. It could be interesting for a gearhead type.

We are Mercruiser dealers and the factory training and classes will be available.

I can be reached by email or phone at 954 321 0606

Thanks
Old 12-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a problem at all, anyone looking for work this is a great guy to work with.

OSO
Old 12-03-2002, 03:43 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would contact Travis on the board. I know that he has been looking for a job in the Marine Industry. I am not sure if he will want to relocate away from home (he is tight with mom and dad and the family). I have seen his work and it is TOP NOTCH!!!

Jon
Old 12-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Audio-we're talking about marine work here, not woman skills.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:16 PM
Registered

damn....wish i was 20 something...
Old 12-03-2002, 05:20 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I'd love to move to Florida. But the shop boy part of that description is, I'm sorry to say (might sound a bit ) below my educational level. And the machinist job is probably just a bit above my skill level. I can run most shop machines (drill press, lathe, mill, band saw, etc...) but have never had to maintain the kind of tollerances required for your kind of work (government work is always as close as you can get it without getting caught!!! LOL!!). The mechanical part of it is a no brainer though, I love getting my hands into motors and stuff.

Mike
Old 12-03-2002, 05:40 PM
Registered

Flyin Brian.......
Old 12-03-2002, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey PackinAir -- Here is your ticket to Florida, and out of the cold. You can change your screen name to "PackinAndGoinSouth".

On another note, I would hope that OSO would ENCOURAGE anyone with an opening in this area to post it. Let's face it -- the economy sucks right now, and many powerboaters are put in positions of having to sell cheap. (Hurts our friends, and hurts our resale.)
Old 12-03-2002, 07:36 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

Waterfoul, I appreciate what you say. Truth is I think there are many in the same position. There is no question we need a general purpose helper with basic skills for the first position, but I don’t think I need a journeyman machinist for the other position I describe. Definitely need someone who has some experience with mics, dial bore gauges, machine RPM’s etc, but I can teach much of what is needed. If I find them from this site I take it for granted they will know which end of a boat is the bow. I just don’t want to start from scratch. I think 2 things are the most important, aptitude and attitude. All the aptitude in the world cannot make up for a bad attitude. A reasonably intelligent person with good attitude and high personal standards can learn the skills, and is well worth teaching.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:19 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

come on Foul!!!!!here is your chance to get south and in the Marine biz I know that education has done you wonders at JCI.....If I was single, you looked outside lately? Michigan Sucks!

Quick Reply: Help Wanted - need employees

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.