Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BAJA, BAJA...Were you serious?????? >

BAJA, BAJA...Were you serious??????

Notices

BAJA, BAJA...Were you serious??????

Old 12-01-2002, 01:59 AM
DEVIL MAN

Default BAJA, BAJA...Were you serious??????

Couple of things Baja Bob.....I don't know crap about boats. I didn't go to USC or I am not a USC bandwagoner....but, they just humiliated the Irish!!!!

You folks back East don't get to see the Trojans more than once or twice a year...but on the left Coast, we get to enjoy the West Coast teams and the East Coast teams and as of today, I believe that the SC Trojans are the only team in the country that can go head to head with Miami!!!!

Tonights game could have easily been 72 to 0....a couple of fumbles and a couple of interceptions killed the Trojans early chances in the first half.

If Carson Palmer played on the East Coast, he would be the favorite to win the Heisman....SC has scored over 40 points in eight out of its last nine games and they are deep at the skilled positions. Watch Palmer be one of the top three players drafted in the NFL next year.

600 yards vs. 109 for the Irish!
30 first downs to three for ND

most passing yards given up by ND in its history!
most total yards given up by ND in its history!!!

Tell me you were joking Baja!!!! SC is the best kept secret in college football!!!!

DMan....and the D is for SC Dominated!!!!

PS....Hey Baja....I am on a roll so the good news is the Eagles will win this weekend!!!!!! Take care! DM

Old 12-01-2002, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a big Irish fan, but you have to give mad props to the Trojans!!

To bad they can't play K State again i think they would beat them this time of year.

WAR-BCS!!!
Old 12-01-2002, 07:57 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Default Re: BAJA, BAJA...Were you serious??????

Originally posted by DEVIL MAN
as of today, I believe that the SC Trojans are the only team in the country that can go head to head with Miami!!!!

DM
I think a WHOLE bunch if IOWA fans might dispute this. And perhaps some Ohio State fans?? My money would be on Iowa though.......playing some of the best football in the country. And I absolutely HATE USC. I was in the band at Michigan, never been treated worse by any fans anywhere else in the country (including Notre Dame, where I played twice in college). Their band was nothing but a bunch of thug *******s when we tried to be friendly with them at the Rose Parade in 1988 and 1989. They threw food at people. Their fans at the game threw things at us, anything that wasn't nailed down. One of our members had to get 8 stitches in his face because some USC fan thought throwing stuff at the band was the college thing to do. Put a lifelong disgust for USC and MOST of it's fans in my mouth (not all of it's fans are this way, I'm sure). BUT, I've never seen this happen anywhere else I've played.

Just some food for thought based on personal experience.

Go Buckeyes (and you have no idea how hard that is to say for me!!!).
Old 12-01-2002, 10:31 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Hey D, what can I say,I read about that QB but never saw him, He / they played a great game, they shut ND Down, But as you know this rivalry goes way back and this game set up the drama for next year. As for the Birds look for a low scoring game today, very cold and windy they should be able to pull one out.
PS
Watch out for the SIXERS!!!!
'
Old 12-01-2002, 12:48 PM
DEVIL MAN

Waterfoul....as I explained...I am not a SC alum nor am I a fan...just stating that they are one HOT team!!!! They have dominated their opposition during the last nine games, except for Washington State, who they lost to in overtime because they missed an extra point during the end of regulation. Their second string running back, Sultan McCullough was their starter last year and rushed for over 1000 yards, now Vargas became eligible and is twice the runner that McCullough is (Vargas being an ex Wolverine).

Ohio State is the most overated team I have seen this year.....they have played just well enough to win, had a weak non league schedule and did not have to face off against Iowa...I agree, I think Iowa is also a good team, but again, had a weak non conference schedule and did not play the Buckeyes.

Sorry to hear about the way the SC band treated you guys....I can't comment on that but I will say that non SC people out here in So Cal refer to them as USC (University of Spoiled Children)....sounds like you ran across some of the spoiled children.

I really expect Miami....if they beat V-Tech next week....to go to the Fiesta Bowl and clean Ohio State's clock....I just do not see Ohio State keeping up with all of Miami's speed unless they can go the old Woody Hayes route and just grind it out....that is why SC or even Iowa would have a better chance at the Canes....explosiveness!!!!

Besides the Pac 10....SC's four non league games were against top notch opponents...Notre Dame, Kansas State, Colorado and Auburn....all teams with two or three losses!!!! Their opponents winning percentage this year was the nations best at 65% winning agerage. Just my two cents!!!

DMans OSO Top Ten Teams

1. Miami
2. So Cal
3. Iowa
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Texas
7. Washington State
8. Ohio State
9. Colorado
10. Kansas State

DMan....and the D is for.....Notre Dames famed Defense????

Ps. Baja....the Sixers look a lot better this year and SC does lose quite a few seniors this year so the Irish will be loaded for Bear next year....without a doubt!!!!!

It will be very interesting to see if the BCS now selects Notre Dame over SC for the at large bid to a BCS game??? You have to love college politics!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2002, 01:19 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DEVIL MAN
[
I!!!!

DMans OSO Top Ten Teams

1. Miami
2. So Cal
3. Iowa
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Texas
7. Washington State
8. Ohio State
9. Colorado
10. Kansas State

DMan....and the D is for.....Notre Dames famed Defense????

Ok D How can you keep the Irish out of the top 10. i agree with the top 4 , but ND would beat the rest of those teams.

And The D is for Domers will be back..
Old 12-01-2002, 02:12 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Let's see....they lose to a happless BC team.....who they should have throttled. They lose to SC, BADLY!!! And they only beat Michigan on a phantom touchdown that was a BLOWN call by the official. Clearly dropped the ball well short of the endzone. And they still almost lost that game. I wouldn't have ND in my top 15.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:54 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Originally posted by Waterfoul
Let's see....they lose to a happless BC team.....who they should have throttled. They lose to SC, BADLY!!! And they only beat Michigan on a phantom touchdown that was a BLOWN call by the official. Clearly dropped the ball well short of the endzone. And they still almost lost that game. I wouldn't have ND in my top 15.
Come on foul, not in the top 15 Oh by the way
"one time in band camp,never mind.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:20 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

What can I say, lost to a nobody, bot stomped by a somebody, and won due to a bad call. That's 3 losses in my book. Check how many 3 loss teams are in the top 15. Top it all off with

I hate the Fuc%$ng Irish!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2002, 03:28 PM
DEVIL MAN

Baja...The Irish were #7 going into the SC game and were close to a Las Vegas 12 point underdog!!!!! After getting kicked around the Coliseum....the DMan wire service does not have the Irish in the Top 10.....sorry about that! They are well coached and have a good defense, but they have no offensive imagination because they have a QB that is a great athlete but a very average at best QB....not any sort of throwing threat...just my two cents!!!

There will be some interesting bowl matchups!!!!!!

DMan...and the D is for the Irish DROPPED out of the top 10!!!!

Quick Reply: BAJA, BAJA...Were you serious??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.