Speed Rails - fact or fiction? >

Speed Rails - fact or fiction?

Notices

Speed Rails - fact or fiction?

Old 12-09-2002, 05:34 PM
Tom
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They don't have back yards in Sweden. They pile up all there belongings that they accumulated their whole life and are buried with them. Whoever has the largest pile wins. They were way ahead of the "he who dies with the most toys wins crowd." This was way back in Viking times when the guys called berserks would eat magic mushrooms and sneak up on you in canoes (with steps of course) sometimes carrying the boats across many miles of land. Speed rails were just a convenient way to store their swords when the boat was upside down. They also invented dissecting people to study them. I think it has something to do with 24 hours a day of no sun in the winter. Nonetheless I will continue to drink Ocke's coolaid until I get my new 28 Skater. I was contemplating a new Saber, but somebody said they were a cult too. Geelhood or however it is spelled sounds Sveedish too. Come to think of it, what about Hdlein?

I heard a Sweed married a Palestinian and they named their first son Yasser You Betcha.

No offense meant to Sweeds, I was fascinated with the burial mounds and Berserks on my several visits there and all that was taking place while Americans at the time were still trying to figure out rubbing sticks together. Sweden has one of the longest boating histories in the world if not THE longest. Viking helmets were the first with wings, even before T2x.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom
They don't have back yards in Sweden. They pile up all there belongings .Sweden has one of the longest boating histories in the world if not THE longest. Viking helmets were the first with wings, even before T2x.
The Swedish Vikings...haha..had a city called Hagsta by the Baltic west coast a canoetrip from the east coast where they tried to settle..with as much success as in Vineland...and moved to Birka.
Regarding war heroes Swedes are best at "recruiting" others. Therefore the Finnish bestseller "Swedish WW2 heroes" is a short pamflet with forewords only..
But come to think of it Luhrs sounds Galllic and those pagans did have helmets with wings, just like Fabio Buzzis (rip) ancestors before christ....

So who has the bragging right for winged thingmajings?

personally have found the speed rails to help best turning sharp with vented bottom...Speedgains dunno...

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 09-16-2021 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-18-2021, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Way to go Toffen!!!!!!!!

And he comes from Axle Manygimmicks' back yard.

T2x
In addition to SpeedRail, Ocke Mannerfelt designed some very competitive cats.

But maybe Victory Team couldn’t find Rich Luhr’s phone number, or didn’t know how to use the PM function on OSO.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Speedgains dunno...
I have a set on '73 Chris Craft XK-22. Long story, but I'm the third generation to own the boat. When I helped my dad restore it in the early 90's, we installed a set of Speed Rails and the boat picked up 500 rpm. Not sure what that equated to speed wise, but the boat handled better as well.

I repowering it as we speak and am going from a Volvo DP to a Bravo 1 with dual ram hydraulic steering; curious to see how it handles compared to how it used to handle.
Old 12-16-2021, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Fact!

Ocke Mannerfelt was an Scandinavian designer who was commonly known because of his world champion boat with wings. The “bat boat”.

His biomorphic and fusiform designs are very recognaiseables.

But is best developments where at wet area of the hull.

His hulls always has few strakes, all of them very sharp and with a concave design which were specially made to use the energy of the lateral water displacement.

Also he had a very smooth design of the steps with the best study of the different angles in them.

Once, he realise most of the European sport boat they had very narrow and not prominent strakes causing the boats to a poor lift and instability at high speeds.

The Roca Speed Rails were just a simply screwed-able aluminum slats fixed to the strakes. They were concave as in Ocke boats.

In USA they weren’t very successful. I guess because US boats use to be builded with wide and prominent strakes. Non extra is needed.

Im still looking for a set to be mounted to the slim strakes of my boat.

If some fellow has still a set left, please keep in touch!

Javier.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Can someone post a picture of these? The link in the first post doesn’t work.
Old 12-17-2021, 07:35 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfarmer
Can someone post a picture of these? The link in the first post doesn’t work.
try this one:
https://www.mdteam.se/projects.html?speed_rail

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!