Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers >

Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers

Notices

Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers

Old 12-07-2002, 11:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Bruce,I agree and Eric has said he is coming to The Jersey Boyz meeting,lets just all do this positive!
Old 12-07-2002, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Bruce,Friendly *&$%#+ Cab.
Old 12-07-2002, 03:03 PM
Registered

bruce,

look forward to meeting, you. i understand the passion believe me. there is no problem with p class at all. we have been able to create a show in the central division. jus t need comitments.

Treadwell
Old 12-07-2002, 07:18 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric, one of our biggest questions that we have struggled with has been, do we run under the SBI banner, APBA banner or just plain OPA? It is not our goal or intention to start a third sanctioning body. So far OPA has worked with SBI and the two have a decent relationship. Do we burn that bridge in favor of going with APBA? What do we gain by doing that? After all, these are divisional races. No sponsor in our area wants to step up to the plate to bring a national race back to Point Pleasant. At least not after last years 27 boat turn out for an SBI national race.

I know the Jersey Boys plan on running some APBA races just so they can attend the Key West party next year.

I am totally in favor of a class for 21 - 24' single OB. I hate to add a class but since we are realy only racing P1 - P6, so what.

This type of meeting is long overdue. Come one, come all and be heard. The only thing we can ask is that it's done with respect.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Registered

ron,

no reason to ruffle all feather's. like i said opa would be the presenting club flying the apba banner. just like the central division. there is actually i believe one club that puts on each race up ther. then they have a volenteer commitee that all the clubs rport to to keep things in check and all is godd. nothing lossed everthing gained. 5 years ago it was myself and bob uebanks of twisted styx running f2. as of today we have 12 f2's 11 f1's and abot 30 p boats and this year we actually had three supercats. every year we have gotten bigger because the racers commited. ask randy from typhoon and a lot of others i asked and begged and pleaded for them to come out and race. eventually just abou teverbody did.

seems like we are on the right track this years and if we can lay a lot of the old ways down to rest because they are just not coming back then we have a bright future ahead of us and even brighter if we all work together.

Treadwell
Old 12-07-2002, 08:35 PM
WATERBOY2

Eric,
I am sure this thought has come up, but what about a Northeast vs Central Challenge Series......consisting a one race race in each division awarding both Northeast and Central Division points as well as Challenge Series points.Two sites come to mind;Atlantic City and Cleveland.....adequate facilities,alot to do and sponsor opportunities.This type of thing could draw 60 boat fleets!

Mark

Old 12-07-2002, 09:04 PM
Smittymarine

Wow what did I miss. Hey guys,sorry i have been off the board, I was out breaking ice trying to get the boat back in the water.Cant stand not burning fuel. Eric we have never met,but looking forward to it. we are open to whatever is going to bring the numbers. Just need competition. Our guys are so motivated its almost scary.

Old 12-08-2002, 12:22 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Augie, I still need to know what time this meeting will be taking place before I know whether or not I could commit. As I said, I do have family obligations that day, but will try to work around it.

Now, without ruffling any feathers, and putting anyone down... Can someone tell me why OPA was created in the first place when you already have "NJ Offshore Power Boat Racing Association" that has been putting on the Point Pleasant race for over 33 years? N J OFFSHORE
They seemed to have had a handle on the racing and "VOLUNTEERS" to put on a great event. I know they are working together with the OPA, SBI and even some NJPPC members in the past few years, but what was the reason to build a separate club from the existing?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 12-08-2002, 07:49 AM
Smittymarine

AS far as I know, Nj offshore goes back a long time. But the racers were running with us offshore under Bill Gifford. Apparently Bill pumped so much $ in with no return,it became too much of a burden. At that time there were 15 clubs in the NE All racing under the Apba, Directed by Kurt Berger and Stan Fisk. These clubs also fell apart. Back in The 80's Kurt Started the OPA to keep a group of racers in the NE together. Bill Gifford Handed the US Offshore to Arnold D. Who apparentely just let it go. Thus Kurt Was approached by Pat S. To start the OPA back up in the NE. And Here comes the Jersey Boyz. I may be off a little here, But that is the story as I know it. Sharkey Dec.21 12.00 Crabbys, love to see you there! Ed

Old 12-08-2002, 08:37 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Ed 12pm seems like it could be doable for me.
The answer to my question still remains unclear . Other clubs may have failed, but NJ OFFSHORE is still around after 33+ years. Why was there a need for another club when NJ OFFSHORE was the club hosting the events in our area? Was there some sort of conflict or something? Or do they simply supply the volunteers, medics, etc. and not actually organize the event beyond that? Leave the racing end of it to another club?
Again, I am just trying to understand the reasoning. Nothing against any club trying to build the sport. Just as long as it doesn't divide it anymore than it already is....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.