Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Transport from Detroit to ATL???? >

Transport from Detroit to ATL????

Notices

Transport from Detroit to ATL????

Old 12-03-2002, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transport from Detroit to ATL????

Anyone used a transport company from Detroit area? I was supposed to pick up my new to me Donzi 26ZX this weekend but loan company dropped the ball so closing is delayed. Now I do not have another free weekend until after the New Year
I am not necessarily in a hurry but I don.t know if I can wait another month either. Thanks for any references
Old 12-03-2002, 05:47 PM
packinair

I live 50 miles from detroit... if I still had a truck I would bring it down to you due to lack of a better ting to do.. i am off for the next few months.. if there is anything I can do to help let me know.....

Old 12-03-2002, 05:49 PM
Registered

off on "Vacation" right?

Hows the job search going?
Old 12-03-2002, 05:50 PM
packinair

there never was any searching... just a long term plan that is all falling into place

Old 12-03-2002, 06:04 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

26Scarab does some boat hauling on the side.....and I believe he is insured for that kind of work (bonded?) Tows with a Dodge diesel 3/4 ton. You might look him up.

If not, and the price was right, I'd consider doing it for you too.....between the holidays.....I don't have to work that whole week. Only difference is I don't have a diesel, and I am not bonded..... but my truck would do the job just fine. My boat wieghs more than yours does, and I tow to LOTO from Grand Rapids, MI several times a year with no special effort involved.

Mike
Old 12-03-2002, 06:11 PM
packinair

yea 26scarab has a pretty sweet truck, i sold it to him new and we did all kindas of stuff to it before he picked it up.. if someone is going stop and pick me up..

Old 12-03-2002, 06:15 PM
Byron

Default Help out

Where does the boat need to be picked up and delivered to? I may be able to help.

Old 12-03-2002, 06:24 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Hey Packin, if he says "hey Mike, will you drag my Donzi down here for me??" you can be my co-pilot. And I have a pretty good stereo too.

This kinda sounds like a fun trip. Boat's not real big, truck is pretty big, and lot's of towing experience in both seats. I'm in if you are!!!
Old 12-03-2002, 06:48 PM
Registered

It is in St. Clair shores, MI just north of Detroit. Towing is not a problem as my 99 F350 diesel w/ Superchips tuner installed has all the power I need, Now it is finding the weekend to do it. The boat can stay where it is now no problem but I want my new toy here!!!!!!! Thanks again. I just do not have the time to drive to Detroit and back on any weekends this month. I was supposed to meet the owner halfway but since Essex Credit drug their feet doing a title search I have to make new arrangements. Thanks again and Packinair, I wish I had your time
Old 12-03-2002, 06:56 PM
Registered

Hey I live in St Clair Shores !!

I did some towing over the summer for some extra cash, unfortunatley I'm not bonded or insured as a company.
I have a new job and am working overtime so it would be tough on a weekend but it looks like I might have the week off between Christmas and New Years.

I can see it now, If I pick up Packin and Foul we would end up in the Key's water testing the boat for you !!!

PM me , since during the day my computer will not load up the forums with the new format.
Maybe we can work something out

Quick Reply: Transport from Detroit to ATL????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.