Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
MONSTER OSO GATHERING at LOTO... July 4th 2003??? >

MONSTER OSO GATHERING at LOTO... July 4th 2003???

Notices

MONSTER OSO GATHERING at LOTO... July 4th 2003???

Old 12-10-2002, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Norty...

Originally posted by Tbonepmp
Well, depending upon how high maintenance ya are there is a Marriott (Tan-Tar-a) or you could rent a condo from PMG or just stay with us if ya can keep up old man... Bring some tasties... stay with us... and we will show ya how to do it LOTO style!!!!!!!!! You'll be begging us to come back every holiday weekend...

Seriously, if you are thinking about taking a whole week and possibly bringing the Chaos along... I would stay at the Marriott.
It is a full-on resort with catering to your every need.

I don't see the hotel you're talking about.......also, what is PMG? You guys sure like to use TLA and FLA's out there don't ya.

Marriott Hotels

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 12-10-2002 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:49 PM
Registered

Nort, check out this link:

http://www.funlake.com/condominiums.html

It has the info for Lazy Day's (closest to party cove).
PMG & US Resort are popular rental mgmt companies that represent a wide variety of condo's and can fix you up with what you want. There numbers are on the link too.

As far as resorts, I'm partial to the 4 Seasons over Tan-tar-a. Also, it's one cove over from my condo

http://www.4seasonsresort.com/

here's Tan-tar-a

http://www.tan-tar-a.com/

There are also tons of smaller mom & pop cabin style resorts scattered throughout the lake which are pretty cool for the price and are a good choice if you got a big group who all want cabins by each other.

This is a pretty good link too:

http://odd.net/ozarks/

...and start practicing now for the minnow shot. You know we won't let you leave with out doing it!
Old 12-10-2002, 10:58 PM
Registered

Forgot the about houseboats... One heck of an idea if you don't want to tow your own and need a place to stay.

http://www.foreverresorts.com/ozarks.html
Old 12-10-2002, 11:49 PM
Registered

I'm gonna make the trek out there some time next year and not tell you guys ahead of time. I'll video tape and photo the BS you've been spouting for the last year, then head back to the hotel for a massage.

You will have no idea........it will be too late. Actually, you may realize that I was there......the LOTO lake level will go up by 2" when my boat is in the water (stupid little puddle), your girlfriend will "be working late" that week, and all will see the results on OSO.
Old 12-11-2002, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Jesse James, How long is the no wake zone? The Lake looks like it has many arms and coves? What places do you recomend that would make it easy to get to Party cove and other bars without a no wake zone and protection for my boat at the dock? I was probably going to make reservations at Lazy Days, but now I am unsure after reading your post.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:16 AM
Registered

FBRONCO
The no wake zone extends about 1/2 mile down the grand glaize arm from the main channel. That's the same arm Lazy days is on (3 mile marker) and PC (4 mile marker).
The no wake zone is only in effect from 10:00AM to sundown on weekemds and holidays.
It will be easy to get to PC from there but may take you an extra 5 or 10 minutes to get to the main channel from anywhere down that arm during those times. I know that's traumatic for a guy like Shane. But for old, slow guys like me, it's not much of an issue.
Like I said in the other thread, the Lake area Chamber of Commerce will send you a brochure with a lake map and a listing of virtually every lodge on the lake. It also lists their amenities, location, and price. You've got plenty of time, so I would reccomend checking it out
Gary
Old 12-11-2002, 01:11 PM
Registered

The loto locals should pick a spot for every one to get together so their can be some group rates and evening get together.
I am not too concerned about accommodations because my boat is large enough to sleep in with air and gen but launching, parking, and were to go is a large concern.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

unfortunately, there won't be any group rates or discounts. the resorts, restaurants and bars are so busy and overbooked on holiday weekends that it is crazy. they have no incentive to give discounts when they will be packed either way. i know of several places that even increase their prices on the holiday weekends.

as a local, holidays are times when we pull strings to avoid the crowds. Tbone, Ssherman, and Gary Anderson can attest to this.

jbk
Old 12-12-2002, 06:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

just a couple of tips for those of
you who are coming to LOTO for the
first time, this will keep your experience
with the missouri water patrol a minimum,
tip # 1: keep all passengers in the cockpit
area while underway, even at no wake speeds!
unless you have railing of 6" around the boat.
tip # 2 the lake has a night speed limit of 30 mph
at night, keep a gps handy, i have heard of stops
for as little 36 mph.
dont let mwp ruin your fun
i'll be there this year!
jt
Old 12-12-2002, 10:17 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Sounds like a good time my other half and I will be there.

FBRONCO We like Lazy Day's the dock are nice and calm and well lighted and if you don't like the on wake jest ask for a condo and slip twards the point the people there aer vary nice.

AND DON'T FORGET YOUR BEAD'S I also recommend buying your beads befor you get there try and have fun.

http://www.mardigrasoutlet.com/
http://www.beadshop.net/
http://mardigrasimports.com/