OT: Wild ride in a 3/4 ton truck ?!? long >

OT: Wild ride in a 3/4 ton truck ?!? long

Notices

OT: Wild ride in a 3/4 ton truck ?!? long

Old 12-07-2002, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Wild ride in a 3/4 ton truck ?!? long

Last week I got to go for a ride in a 2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins truck that made 470 rear wheel HP and 1100 ft/lbs of torque. (this had been tested on a chassis dyno) , All this was done with strickley bolt on items, the motor had not been opened up.
Now this is the guys everyday driver and work truck. On the weekends he enters pulling competitions. If you think some of these boats that are being towed are heavy the sled they pull is 45,000lbs ! I guess when pulling , he leaves in 4th in low lock !
He admitts that the Cummins stock is a turd but when hopped up they rock. At the truck pulls he say's that the Dodges dominate and there are a few Fords that really rock but not too many Chevys. He says the straight 6 inherintley makes more torque than a V8 style motor.
Well we are cruising on dry pavement (slight coating of salt dust ) at 60mph in 4th , he rolls into it and as soon as the boost hits the tires start spinning, then he shifts into 5 th and the tires are blazing and I'm starting to get nervous because the truck is skating all over , I thought he was going to spin out. When he let out of it I glanced at the speedo and it was at 85. You should have seen the black smoke that was coming out of the twin stacks ! I was very impressed. His buddy has a truck that runs 13's on street tires... a 6400# truck !

If I had that I would be chasing and running over every ricer I could find !!!
Old 12-07-2002, 02:23 PM
packinair

Chuck, A friend of mine has a 01' dodge cummins that has the banks and just about every bolt on thing you can find.. This thing is the most insane truck.. he has 315/75/16 all the way around and it is a dully!!!!.. it \will light all 6 up on dry pavement. he also uses it to pull around his 34' mainship on a 4 axle trailer.. NUTS I TELL YA

Old 12-07-2002, 08:35 PM
Allan4

Hey, see my saying below.......

Gotta love it

Old 12-07-2002, 09:21 PM
Registered

Hey 26, I have a 7.3 now and would like to hop it up a little as long as it is within the warranty limits. What do you think? Our snow is gone now, how is lower upper MI? I think the UP is still good. Lets hope it doesn't get to warm this week.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:02 AM
Registered

Hey Mitch,
Some guys on the TDR website were talking about a 14 second Excursion. I would give Boot a call he does all kinds of diesel hop ups , I'm sure he can help you out. Pretty much anything you do will void the warranty, but most of the stuff just plugs in so you can easily take it off.

Gaylord has some snow but nothing worth riding in , I've heard that there are some people riding but I would rather wait instead of riding on 6-8 "

Hey Scott ,
Does that guy bring that truck in for warranty work ?!!? I'm sure he's broken some stuff !
Old 12-08-2002, 10:22 AM
packinair

put u-joints in it a few times now.. nukes the trans...etc and I got it all covered for him has 30k on it

Old 12-08-2002, 06:14 PM
Registered

Talk about wild trucks.... Today on the way back from the mall, a civic wants to race my buddies Celica so, we go and take the civic... Then at the next stoplight we are next to a lowered truck, he gives it a light rev and it sounds stock except the exhaust, so we decide to give him a run, then the lights about to go green, the truck revs up, me and my buddie look at each other and realize hes supercharged. He was burning rubber across the entire 4 way and still was blowing us away. Amazing what people will soup up.
Old 12-08-2002, 06:30 PM
JnT
Registered

They did a Dodge Cummins project on Horsepower TV today on TNN. The numbers are real similar to the truck you rode in.4" exhaust,propane injection(like nitrous for diesels) and an ecu module.The components were from bullydog.com
Old 12-09-2002, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mitch, I see a winter project that will rival Jayl13!!!!!!!

let's spend your money!!!!

me and waterfoul have a bunch of good ideas