That Thing Got A Hemi in it? >

That Thing Got A Hemi in it?

Notices

That Thing Got A Hemi in it?

Old 12-09-2002, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Catmando,
you've hit the nail right on the head ! Now unfortunatley the Cummins is tuned down so much it gets spanked by all the others. A little tweaking though and she will rock !

Julio ,
Do you have one of those huge wings and a big fart can muffler hanging off of the back of that ricer ?!?!?

Last edited by 26scarab; 12-09-2002 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:43 PM
RickerTX

I've got a 2002 Dodge Quad Cab 1/2 ton 4X4 and it pulls my 25 Daytona great!!! I've had it for six months and I couldn't be happier with it. It is by far the best looking of its competitors and is very solid for towing and hauling. Mine has the "Lone Star" package here in Texas which means it came with everything but leather and it has the 20"wheels, which are monsters. They look great though. BTW, i've owned fords and chevys in the past and I like this one better so far.

My .02

Rick

Old 12-09-2002, 06:17 PM
Registered

hook them end to end see who breaks toy first the back axel in that toy is no bigger than my 92 v6 it is week under 245hp sec the chevys ifs will give up be for the ford or dodge axels break be sides the dodge jest looks better he he
Old 12-09-2002, 06:38 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally posted by fountain1fan
hook them end to end see who breaks toy first the back axel in that toy is no bigger than my 92 v6 it is week under 245hp sec the chevys ifs will give up be for the ford or dodge axels break be sides the dodge jest looks better he he

Home schooling in the Appalachians?????????
Old 12-09-2002, 07:06 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Originally posted by catmando
Having owned a 1987 Ford 6.9 diesel(read DOG ), what I've read is that the straight 6s make more torque than the V8 diesels. I've heard some talk that the Cummins can pull up to 25,000 lbs with the right setup. So I guess torque is the key to pulling power rather than HP.
You got that right Mr cat ,it's all in the torque.....By the way my dodge pulls that big old Baja with no problem.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did Puder buy a Fountain and change his name to fountain1fan?

Ron
Old 12-09-2002, 09:23 PM
Registered

Didnt mean for this thread to become a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and jees Toyota pissing match. All I really asked was if anyone had a truck with the 5.7 Hemi in it. Just wanted some real world feedback on the engine.

We all buy our trucks for different reasons and Im sure the truck everyone has suits their needs. I know that a diesel will tow better than a gas burner however my truck will do much more non towing than towing. In fact my wife wants to drive this one. All I am really concerned with is that it will pull a 27 Fountain reasonably well. My inlaws live on the water in Orange Beach and its a 4 hour tow from my house. It would be a shame to have to use the old truck to tow there.

I know this new Hemi is not the old 426 Hemi. I also know that most OHC imports are a Hemi design. I also know that the BBC is a semi-hemi with its canted valves. Im not buying into the hype. I just think that 345 hp and 375 ft lbs will meet my towing needs and be fun to drive around town in a half ton truck. On top of that the truck looks great.

The only vehicles I have ever bought new have been Chevy trucks starting with a '90 model and I have been completely satisfied. I eagerly awaited the current body styles arrival and planed to get a new truck untill I saw one. I couldnt stand it, no offense to those who own one. Someone told me that Chevy was comming out with a Hybrid SUV and Pickup that was supposed to look different so I waited untill I saw the Avalanche and was disappointed with the styling again. Now just when I am kind of getting used to the current pickups they go and put the horrible Avalanche front end on them. Ive had it with Chevy.

I hated to admit it as a Chevy man but when the current Dodge came out I liked it right away. My only problem with the Dodge was the 360 Mag was a dog compared to the Chevy motors. Now that I can get a more powerful engine in it I think its the truck for me.

I still cant belive I trying to buy a Dodge!

Ron
Old 12-09-2002, 09:27 PM
Registered

Found this while researching the Hemi online. Kind of cute!

Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax. - David Charles Gedraitis
Attached Thumbnails That Thing Got A Hemi in it?-hemi.jpg  
Old 12-09-2002, 09:28 PM
Registered

another
Attached Thumbnails That Thing Got A Hemi in it?-hemi-2.jpg  
Old 12-09-2002, 09:35 PM
GRH

RJ... I was a chevy man from day one 30 yrs ago..... I feel your pain.... but the sad truth is.... GM fit & finish just isn't there compared to Dodge, Ford, and my GOD... Toyota!.... They still tow like a Clysdale.... but they just don't have the creature comforts....I look at this way... its there fault... I wanted to go thru life in a Chevy.... But I've been driven Dodge trucks since '98 .... and I've never been sorry.... You'll love truck.... Good Luck!

Quick Reply: That Thing Got A Hemi in it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.