Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I Have A Freeze Frame Dvd Problem Could Someone Help Me Please >

I Have A Freeze Frame Dvd Problem Could Someone Help Me Please

Notices

I Have A Freeze Frame Dvd Problem Could Someone Help Me Please

Old 12-10-2002, 02:25 PM
overbored

Unhappy I Have A Freeze Frame Dvd Problem Could Someone Help Me Please

IT IS SO WIERD! ONE OF MY CLUB DVD'S WILL NOT PLAY SMOOTH IN MY SONY DVD PLAYER BUT WILL PLAY SMOOTHLY IN MY COMPUTER ALL THE WAY!?? In my Sony player parts of the dvd freezes and the plays, freezes/plays. When disc freezes there are dots on the tv. It's almost like a tracking problem on a vhs tape. Is there anyway to reduce the tracking? I know that te disc is fine, because like I said it plays fine in my cpu. Can someone please help me? thanks.

Old 12-10-2002, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Overbored,
Does the disk freeze at the same spot every time? If not you may need to clean the dust out of your player, just blow some compressed air in through the disk try and that works most of the time. If it is freezeing in the same spot check for finger prints or maybe some sort of mark on the back, ie water, oil ect... Try wipeing the disk off with a soft cloth from the center outwards in a stright line.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:12 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

How old is your player. I have done some testing with the DVD's and have found that older DVD players tend to do this. Check for dust of course as has been mentioned.

Jon
Old 12-11-2002, 05:55 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

consider yourself lucky on the computer
I cannot get mine to play on the computer.

as for the sony it would just be dirty
maybe even an alignment is in order
has the unit been moved?

I was told when I bought mine to really be carefull moving it around because the laser could get jared
Old 12-11-2002, 07:39 AM
WickedWon

I've talked to Jeff several times about this, his dvd's won't play at all on my high end Denon , he is aware of the problem but doesn't have an answer for it. So I'm watching his stuff on a 50" flat screen using VHS JD

Old 12-11-2002, 09:24 AM
Registered

Yep........I had the same problem with my Marantz DVD player......it wouldnt play on that one...but plays fine on my cheaper one......go figure....
Old 12-11-2002, 10:12 AM
overbored

AUDIOFN,

I just got the player 2 days ago ns315.

Old 12-11-2002, 10:16 AM
overbored

thanks mnfast yes it has just a little.

Old 12-11-2002, 11:21 AM
ssherman

I experienced the same problem on my sony on one of my disk but the other 8 are fine. Jeff offered to exchange it immediatly. I watched it on my cheap player in my bed room and then popped it back into my better player and it has been fine every since What ever the problem be assured Jeff will make it right.

wicked won whats up.

Old 12-11-2002, 03:42 PM
Registered

OverBoard, Not sure if you got you DVD to play yet but if you have not talk to Jeff and I am sure he will make it stright with you. I had one deliveried to me damaged buy UPS and Jeff sent out a new one right away. He does care about his customers and knows what true customer service is.

Quick Reply: I Have A Freeze Frame Dvd Problem Could Someone Help Me Please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.