Notices

Ebay Experiences...

Old 12-14-2002, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Experiences...

I believe we're all seeing alot more offshore powerboats for sale on Ebay these days, which got me thinking. In general, what's been everyone's experience whether buying or selling at the site?

I recently purchased a car on Ebay. On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate my experience a 7. Would I do it again, absolutely! Would I do more upfront research, uh huh!!

Ricochet.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:48 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had great experience with Ebay and Offshorebid.com. They both seem to have decent rules set up. I would always suggest that if it is a large purchast that you hop in a plane and take a look if you can or pay with a credit card to protect yourself from Fraud.

Jon
Old 12-14-2002, 10:06 PM
Registered

I use Ebay all the time for both buying and selling. I love it. Only got burned once.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I dunno, a car or boat on Ebay? A person like me wouldn't do it. I need to sell, touch, fell, etc first. Ebay seems to be a harder thing to do that with. you can, but it's a rushed deal. I'll stick to the old fashioned way...LOL! Looking it up on traderonline, then going to look at it

Smaller $$ items or things that aren't as touchy as a car or boat I buy and have sold, but currently contract that out to someone cause I think Ebay is a pain in the ass to list things.

Mark
Old 12-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Registered

I bought gauges off of mear image on ebay. Everything went great on the transaction...
Old 12-15-2002, 01:52 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

the truck I bought off of ebay blew the tranny less than 1000 miles after i got it. It wasn;t covered under ebay's buyer insurance becasue it A. has oversize tires B. teh deal wasn't entirely closed on ebay.

FYI i got the $100 ebay sponsored inspection. And it passed with flying colors. Granted even with replacing eth tranny and fixxing the other crap that was wrong with it it cost me what it woudl haev cost me if i coudl haev found the truck i wanted here. (not to many decent pickups available on long island and those that are fetch a premium price)

woudl i buy another car off ebay NOT unless I could inspect it myself for a few hours prior to bidding. The exception woudl be if it was super cheap. Like a ferrari for 10k or a pickup for $500.

as for normal item i buy and sell on ebay all eth time. I made $400 last week selling old computer equipment that was laying around my office colelcting dust.
Old 12-15-2002, 07:45 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I do more selling on E-bay than buying. The buying experiences have all been small items and were all no problem sales.
As far as the sales end,it seems that out of every 10 items I sell,I have to chase someone for the money. Either a long time to pay or a no pay. E-bay sucks at doing anything about it.A spanking with a wet noodle is about all they get.
As a seller my credit card is on file. I think E-bay should do the same thing if your a buyer. Make you put up a credit card,and if the high bidder does not come through,charge them.
Other than that,it is alot of work too !!
Old 12-15-2002, 08:00 AM
Registered

Same for me, I buy lots of stuff, got burned once but for less than $100. Bought an Eldorado but went and checked it out first. Hell of a deal.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:04 AM
Registered

I bought 2 cars on ebay. The first was bought sight unseen, but I used ebay's escrow service. Once the car arrived, I had 3 days to inspect it and release the funds, or ship the car back. It cost a few hundred, but was good protection for both buyer and seller. The second was in NJ, so I juest flew down to check it out. Both deals went OK.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:07 AM
jb
Registered

bougt a car and too much other stuff. Did everything but fly to see it. It all worked out but not what I really expected. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would look for a boat as well on ebay...you cant let any site for you search go un-turned. I sell all the time. Its all play money to me so the few slow payers are tolerated by me(shame on me). Only had one non payer in 3 years.

Quick Reply: Ebay Experiences...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.