Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Time Machine....Go back 40 years....How would you survive??? >

Time Machine....Go back 40 years....How would you survive???

Notices

Time Machine....Go back 40 years....How would you survive???

Old 12-12-2002, 07:52 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh ya and I would make sure that Don A. Put a clause in the purchase agreement that anyone that buys a Cig. that does not take it out on a PERFECTLY sunny day has to give their boat to AUDIO for a beat sesion for the day
Old 12-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

I was in the military in 1962 and was considering an assignment to a little sleepy destination called Saigon. Fortunatly I was sent to Omaha, Neb..
Old 12-12-2002, 11:28 AM
ursus

I thot this was an Offshore boating board.

I would buy me a nice V hull , cut a couple steps in it, have a couple BBC punched out to about 540 cubes , add a couple 671 blowers have a couple surface drives custom made and go racing

Old 12-12-2002, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buy drugs with half of it and spend the other half on climbing gear.....get a bull**** job for min wage in alaska....and NOT come back this time!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 12:34 PM
Registered

Poodle are you bored? Design the new logo and quit foolin' around!

I was born in '62 - not in the old farts club.

Thousand bucks in 62?

I buy a ****ty old hunting club behind Mission Viejo named Coto De Caza for a grand.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:49 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

If I went back to 62 at the age I am now, That means I would be a really old dude today and I wouldn't want that.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:06 PM
Uncle Toys

In 1962, considering I was too young to place bets in Vegas or purchase SoCal property, I would start dating (with the intent of marrying) the daughter of the Japanese farmer who lived at the corner of Bristle and the 405.

If, as your fantasy goes, I was my current age, I would seek the investment with the maximum leverage available – SoCal real estate. Take the thousand bucks and buy two houses in Newport Beach. Could probably leverage them 20 to 1, rent them out to cover expenses (which you still could do back then) and constantly refinance to take out equity (no capital gains tax) and buy more houses. Then sell them all and retire in 1972.

Last edited by Uncle Toys; 12-12-2002 at 03:11 PM.

Old 12-12-2002, 01:44 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!

Hey Allan4,

Hate to burst your bubble, but you would have to wait about four years for that 427 Vette to become available. Until then you would just have to be satisfied with a 327 fuelie! Oh well... you could still get a fine 409 in an impala...

Old 12-12-2002, 05:06 PM
DEVIL MAN

Baja....kick my ass in 62???? That ends this thread...think I will stay in 02!!!!!! I still like the hometown teams...come on...we are on a win steak with the Birds!!!!!

Audio...You have had your share of banners!!!!!! I don't even look at the standings this year!!!!!!

Turbo....The best you could come up with is Coto....what a sucker you are????? I thought you would at least go into partners with Scott Porter and the family and move that fresh water plant to some place where they have water!!!! Not some demo tank to see if the boats can just float!!!!! Poodle!!!!

DMan ....and the D is for....I want to hear what the DarkSide would do 40 years ago!!!!

Old 12-12-2002, 05:08 PM
Registered

This is the worst thread ever.

Quick Reply: Time Machine....Go back 40 years....How would you survive???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.