Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Time Machine....Go back 40 years....How would you survive??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/38733-time-machine-go-back-40-years-how-would-you-survive.html)

DEVIL MAN 12-11-2002 05:18 PM

Time Machine....Go back 40 years....How would you survive???

OK boys and girls....your next door neighbor has invented a one way time machine and it will put you back to 1962....you are the same age as you are now....you have a $1000 in your poket....a valid ID....just shorts, a tee shirt and a pair of sneakers...best case scenario...what would you do? How would you live? List out a few highlights of things you would do??????

DMan...and the D is for Lets do a little Dreaming!!!!!!

wwwTOPDJcom 12-11-2002 05:25 PM

Id find out where Bill Gates lives and Become Very Very good
Friends with him I might ever prod him along at a faster pace
:D :D :D :D

Oh I forgot I would save the Prez in Dallas and become a Hero too

mopower 12-11-2002 05:26 PM

WOW:eek: :eek: It MUST be winter:D :D :D

Gearhead99 12-11-2002 05:30 PM

Wow, you guys better get some sun lamps. You're never going to make it to spring 2003.

Just got too much time on your hands !!!!!!

offshore score 12-11-2002 05:47 PM

Were there humans 40 years ago:confused:

formula31 12-11-2002 05:49 PM

hm, there was that girl in high school that I didnt do because I liked her too much, boy, what a maroon.

Steve 1 12-11-2002 05:50 PM

Get a job with IBM and eventually come up with Windows OS/ Hobby collecting those worthless 55-56 Mercedes 300SL Gull wings lying around, Land investments Florida ,Jersey.

Sell an yet unknown film maker named Spielberg the rough draft for a movie named JAW’S in exchange for a % of the gate November 22 1963 be in the 6th floor of the school book depository Dallas Texas with a Baseball Bat,

Airpacker 12-11-2002 05:54 PM

well lets see.40 yrs ago a grand was a pretty good chunk o change to have in your pocket.Our family business was around so a job is a no brainer.Seeing as I live in the Great white north,I guess some shopping for long pants and a jacket would be a good place to start :)That would leave about 950 for investment in a stock or two.

tripps 12-11-2002 06:03 PM

Buy Mcdonalds stock,promote the Beatles,buy z-11 chevy cars,some cobras,get a job with Hugh Hefner as a photo guy,invent velcro. more to come tripps

HyperBaja 12-11-2002 06:10 PM

Buy IBM and Microsoft stock
Buy yahoo stock (down the road of course)
By 2003, i should have enough cash to buy a big boat and some nice ferraris, then retire to the caribbean in a big performance boat in the 45-50 foot range.

DEVIL MAN 12-11-2002 06:11 PM

Myself....I would be off on a mad dash to Vegas....and being a sports trivia nut, would somehow pick all the sports teams to win their championships (yeah Audio....I know, the Celts won in 62) I would pick the league MVP's and all that junk....after pocketing a million bucks, it would be off to Miami to hook up with my new partner, Don Aronow (would never go for a car ride with him) but I might slip in the idea of a stepped hull and counter rotation drives and see if I could straighten him out a bit.....ah, life would be fine....after that I would invest my money and buy the Lakers from Jack Kent Cooke. I would give Kreskin a run for his money!!!

Then I would open up my own stand up comedy routine in the late 60's.....and the D is for Dice Clay!!!!! Can you imagine Dice in the 60's??? Probably land me in jail!!!! Then to top it off, in 1998, I would open up a website on the net....OSO!!!!!!! Instead of the DMan, I would be the Board God!!!!!! The King Poodle would be bored out of his mind!!!!!!!!!

DMan...and the D is for Delerious!!

mattyboy 12-11-2002 06:12 PM

can you say SNAPPLE!!!!!

Mattyboy

J-BOAT 12-11-2002 06:20 PM

The first thing I would do is tell JFK to stay away from texas next year, then I would call Don and tell him to be careful who he deal's with in the upcoming years. Then I would find Mr. Fountain and give him a thousand dollars to help start a boat company.

Mrgoodwrench 12-11-2002 06:48 PM

I would become a PIMP. :D

Intolerant1 12-11-2002 09:52 PM

Me and some friends would smuggle our guns on some flights that left Sept.11. Never bring a box cutter to a gun fight.

Allan4 12-11-2002 10:01 PM

You guys have some cool responses. Myself, I would convince Ray Kroc of McDonalds that I would oversee, advise and contribute as a silent partner to all new openings in the Midwest, manuever for the sole rights to sell authentic NASCAR memorabelia in begining in the early 80's, and about that time purchase the rights to print Dale Earnhardt's and Micheal Jordan's signatures on official appearal, made sure politicians like LBJ did not sacrifice our boys in Vietnam and bought a brand new 62 427/4spd Vette. Oh yeah, a little QCOM stock in 1998 may not be a bad idea either....., just make sure you unload it by July 2000.....:D :D ;)

One more, do something....anything to make sure Kenyon Martin does not break his leg in the 2000 Conference tourney, because then the Cincinnati Bearcats would have won the 2000 NCAA B-Ball title......;)

Mike J 12-11-2002 11:20 PM

Well in 62 I had finished my
Tours of Swiming,Diving,And
Driving Small Boats in Tropical Lands in the China Sea thanks to the US NAVY.
And was A Police Officer in the City of Tustin CA.
Guess I would Put a down payment on one or two of those old run down beach houses in NewPort Beach or
Huntington Harbor that now
sell in the Millions.
Thanks DMan now I will wakeup
at 3AM with a old batch of
"WHAT IFS".

Jeff 12-12-2002 12:04 AM

Too old, good one. but , 10 years waiting in a lawn chair sounds like what is now known as a trailer park.:confused: I would probly head to Key West to think about it and wait for Mel Fisher.

bajabob38 12-12-2002 07:20 AM

Hey D, just think, if you went back 40 yrs you would be back in the good old Delware county, I would meet up with you and kick you ass and take your grand, and when you would ask why I did it I would say because you became a LA Laker Fan!!! You traitor :D

And the D is for Don';t forget your roots....

EAGLES
SIXERS
PHILS

Audiofn 12-12-2002 07:43 AM

Before I hoped in that thing I would stuff every Wallstreet Journal in there and Make sure I had the winning games for every lotery in Vegas. Once I hit vegas and had a good night with ALL the Perks I would be off to Boston to Buy the Celtics. Then it would be Me Against the D-Man. Mano a Mano CHUMP. Oh ya and this time I would make sure that when I drafted Leni Bias that he DID NOT GO OUT AND PARTY!!!!! Oh and I would also make sure we got Cobie and Shaq!!!! :D:D Then I would start a place called Blockbuster :D:D

Audiofn 12-12-2002 07:52 AM

Oh ya and I would make sure that Don A. Put a clause in the purchase agreement that anyone that buys a Cig. that does not take it out on a PERFECTLY sunny day has to give their boat to AUDIO for a beat sesion for the day :D:D:p :p :p

Interceptor 12-12-2002 10:59 AM

I was in the military in 1962 and was considering an assignment to a little sleepy destination called Saigon. Fortunatly I was sent to Omaha, Neb..

ursus 12-12-2002 11:28 AM

I thot this was an Offshore boating board.

I would buy me a nice V hull , cut a couple steps in it, have a couple BBC punched out to about 540 cubes , add a couple 671 blowers have a couple surface drives custom made and go racing :D :D :D

audacity 12-12-2002 11:55 AM

buy drugs with half of it and spend the other half on climbing gear.....get a bull**** job for min wage in alaska....and NOT come back this time!!!

turbosonic1 12-12-2002 12:34 PM

Poodle are you bored? Design the new logo and quit foolin' around!

I was born in '62 - not in the old farts club.

Thousand bucks in 62?

I buy a ****ty old hunting club behind Mission Viejo named Coto De Caza for a grand.

Lee 12-12-2002 12:49 PM

If I went back to 62 at the age I am now, That means I would be a really old dude today and I wouldn't want that.

Uncle Toys 12-12-2002 01:06 PM

In 1962, considering I was too young to place bets in Vegas or purchase SoCal property, I would start dating (with the intent of marrying) the daughter of the Japanese farmer who lived at the corner of Bristle and the 405. ;)

If, as your fantasy goes, I was my current age, I would seek the investment with the maximum leverage available – SoCal real estate. Take the thousand bucks and buy two houses in Newport Beach. Could probably leverage them 20 to 1, rent them out to cover expenses (which you still could do back then) and constantly refinance to take out equity (no capital gains tax) and buy more houses. Then sell them all and retire in 1972.

Budman 12-12-2002 01:44 PM

Hey Allan4,

Hate to burst your bubble, but you would have to wait about four years for that 427 Vette to become available. Until then you would just have to be satisfied with a 327 fuelie! Oh well... you could still get a fine 409 in an impala...

:D :D

DEVIL MAN 12-12-2002 05:06 PM

Baja....kick my ass in 62???? That ends this thread...think I will stay in 02!!!!!! I still like the hometown teams...come on...we are on a win steak with the Birds!!!!!

Audio...You have had your share of banners!!!!!! I don't even look at the standings this year!!!!!!

Turbo....The best you could come up with is Coto....what a sucker you are????? I thought you would at least go into partners with Scott Porter and the family and move that fresh water plant to some place where they have water!!!! Not some demo tank to see if the boats can just float!!!!! Poodle!!!!

DMan ....and the D is for....I want to hear what the DarkSide would do 40 years ago!!!!

PhantomChaos 12-12-2002 05:08 PM

This is the worst thread ever. :D :D :D :D

DEVIL MAN 12-12-2002 05:12 PM

Phantom.....You are just a bitter individual!!!!! You just want to go back two years and make sure that Formula puts a working generator in your boat!!!!!

DMan...and the D is for It just Doesn't work!!!!