Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
lifter noise /chatter /startup/oil ? >

lifter noise /chatter /startup/oil ?

Notices

lifter noise /chatter /startup/oil ?

Old 12-12-2002, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lifter noise /chatter /startup/oil ?

I have a nissian 2000 v-6 crew cab ,we put about 3to 4,000 miles a month on this truck latley, just hit 65,000 miles always had castrol oil in it /went to mobile one full synthetic and now on start up sometimes it has lifter noise for about 5 secounds then goes away/called nissian and they say its because its not a nissian oil filter /always had wix on it before and never this problem.any thoughts on oils ? filters?
Old 12-12-2002, 06:13 AM
Registered

they maybe right....sounds like your filter is leaking down....try a stock filter....on some of our engines we require a "s" filter because of this.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:40 AM
Registered

Default wow!!!!!!!

I will do this today , I never thought it would be something like that /figured the guy at nissian was full of B.S./ thanks for your input.Darin
Old 12-14-2002, 07:01 AM
Registered

Default lifter noise/after market

well the results are in and put the orginal nissian filter on and castrol synthetic oil in and no lifter noise at all. I say the hell with after market products form hear on/thanks for the help/Darin
Old 12-14-2002, 07:05 AM
Registered

Default Re: lifter noise/after market

Originally posted by HOUSTONPROP
well the results are in and put the orginal nissian filter on and castrol synthetic oil in and no lifter noise at all. I say the hell with after market products form hear on/thanks for the help/Darin
that is surprising. good to hear the only thing it cost you was an oil change/filter. otherwise i might have seen a rise in your prop services
Old 12-14-2002, 07:18 AM
Registered

Talking

WE'LL I was hoping it would not work ,this way I would have the excuse to get the new DODGE 4X4 CREW CAB/ YES DODGE
Old 12-14-2002, 07:27 AM
Registered

Recon this will fix a big block 8.1 in a one ton Chevy took it in for it so it would be on record but dealer said it was normal. They still have maintenance contract on truck but warranty just went out.
Only does this at start up.
Old 12-14-2002, 07:35 AM
Registered

Originally posted by HOUSTONPROP
WE'LL I was hoping it would not work ,this way I would have the excuse to get the new DODGE 4X4 CREW CAB/ YES DODGE

Old 12-14-2002, 07:43 AM
Registered

Default WHATS UP LUV N IT

HOW ARE THING GOING ,ITS TIME FOR ME TO GO BEAT ON SOME COLD PROPS ITS 31 DEGREES HERE /THAT SHOP IS GOING TO BE COLDER THAN DONKEY KONG /SEE YA
Old 12-14-2002, 07:59 AM
Registered

Things are good. Things would be great if I was on the water. Getting ready for Christmas. Try 20 degrees without the windchill factor and its blowing good!

Hey got a question for ya. I have a friend wanting some prop work done and I'm trying to get him to send his prop to ya. Anyway, his boat was at my house and before I put it away for him in the polebarn for winter storage I took his prop off. Educate me now...when I took his prop off, he has the mirage plus (?) it was different than my mirage. It had some kind of thing within the hub that slid off the shaft with the prop. What is it? And what is the difference between my mirage and his mirage plus?

Thanks for the info.

Mike

Quick Reply: lifter noise /chatter /startup/oil ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.