Like Tree0Likes

Insurance Companies- A Rip-off !!

Old 12-13-2002, 12:51 PM
Gold Member

My Boats: Boatless... Damn...

win the lottery and insureance compaines will become even more a part of your life.... you will have more stuff to insure and protect, as well as yourself!
Old 12-13-2002, 10:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1991 F311SR1

I've actually had really good service outta Allstate.

My Rolex was appraised at $17,500 which was full retail. I was in a car wreck and the watch was torn off my arm and damaged in every way. They told me who to take it to for an estimate. The estimate was $16,000 to fix it. A new one from a discounter was only $14,000. They asked me if I wanted the new one or if I wanted the old one fixed. I told them that my Dad had given me the old one and I had prefer to keep it over a new one.

They fixed it like brand new no hassle at all. Wearin it as I type right now.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1991 F311SR1

They did initially try to rook me on the value of my car that was totalled in that wreck. I balked and they asked me to come up with a number I liked.

I pulled the numbers directly out of the Nada book and gave them receipts for the battery and tires I had just put on it a month earlier. They gave me NADA plus half the cost of the tires and battery.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:50 AM
Registered

My Boats: 312 Formula & 31SS Sonic

They are better or maybe I should say quicker on cars & homes. But when it comes to jewelry, they are animals!!!

We are going to a retail jewelry consultant tonight to try to sort thru this...... my agent tells me I should have a check by Friday...... I'll believe that when I see it!!
Old 12-16-2002, 11:04 AM
MikeW

WAIT!!!!!!
If you make a claim for get changing companies. I had Country companies and had a rider on my home owners for the boat. I worked out nicely till I made a claim on the boat. I bought a new house and could not get a policy on it because of the claim. They put you in a high risk type thing and it will coast you an arm and a leg to insure your home. Better look into that befor you leap.
MikeW

Old 12-16-2002, 11:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: '88 Formula F-206 LS

When we lived in Jersey we had Allstate for almost 12 years. Excellent service, preferred rates the whole deal. Never a problem.
Then we moved to Florida. Allstate dropped us with no explanation, no advanced notice, no flowers or candy.
We were f**ked!
It took a month for a local Allstate rep to get us an answer.
The reason?
Our preferred policy allowed us to have one ticket or a sports car, not both. When we moved here I bought a Dodge Daytona, Shelby edition, and they consider it a sports car. Since the wife had gotten a ticket for speeding two years prior to moving and it was still listed on the policy they dropped us.
We were listed as a risk and had to pay special rates for three years. Not with Allstate, they wouldn't insure us again.
I'll never go back to Allstate.