Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Infushion 32' Cat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/38818-infushion-32-cat.html)

ViciousOne 12-12-2002 11:04 PM

Infushion 32' Cat

We just finished infusing our first complete deck with the people from DIAB core !! We or doing the deck next next week! We used 12gl. of E- poxy and 1" foam core, That is 17gl. less than the the last deck that was made out of vinelester resin so far that is over a 150 pd savings any body else familar with the infushion process!! It was somthing bagging all the materials down dry turning on the resin and 25 minutes it was ready to cure we had people from all over Michigan there to watch the process happen!! It was like magic compared to a hand layup or even to a wet bag lay up !!!

ViciousOne 12-12-2002 11:20 PM

Sorry we are doing the hull next week!! I was just excited!! Spark.

glassdave 12-13-2002 12:01 AM

sounds pretty cool . . .i for one would have loved to have seen that process :cool: . . . any chance you could get some pics posted. . . . btw. any word on the magnum yet :D :D just curious

Mang 12-13-2002 06:22 AM

PICS and Details

tell us more

ROADHOG 12-13-2002 10:25 AM

Saw hull and deck yesterday, very interesting layup. Sparkey is using the finest material available on his hull. Although the hull was not glassed yet you could see how all the coring was being placed and the pain staking time Spark's taking to do it right. As soon as I off my Nordic which by the way is up for sale with or without motors I will be one of Sparkey's customer's on his 32' Vicvious Cat. Have not made up my mind on how to power the the hull but I will power it with twin BBC's or 3 outboards.

ViciousOne 12-14-2002 07:09 PM

I'm going to post so pics of the bag going down and the epoxy drawing through the core and material. It is so simple install all your laminats and core draw a vacuum bag down on it to 26 inches of vacuum un clip your hoses that is in buckets of resin that lead into certian spots of the bag 45 minutes later you have resin draw through a perfectly vacuumed baged part!! 2 hours later pull off the bag cure over night and pop the part! Cleaniest Lamminating weve ever done!!

ViciousOne 12-14-2002 07:28 PM

Infushion

Advantage_Rob 12-16-2002 09:13 AM

i was there sunday, and I cant belive what a clean looking execution this process makes. It really is incredible compared to all of the other lay-up's I've seen as far as the cleanliness of the backside where all of the rigging is done it's like a finished surface instead of a rough glass surface, and wiith the clarity of all the coring, it looks great, and strong as hell. Sparky, I'll be by later to drop off the $$ for the shrinkwrap, great job on that too!

ViciousOne 12-16-2002 12:02 PM

Thank's Rob.