Like Tree0Likes

Nor-tech Owner Forum

Old 12-13-2002, 08:40 AM
Registered

My Boats: 04 TOP GUN BABY YEAH!!!
Default Nor-tech Owner Forum

I seen so many of the Nor-Techs on Poker-Runs. I haven't seen much about them on OSO. I'm interested in the 36 Cat. Seems like a great boat.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:36 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2004 36 Concept

We can help you with a 36 :-)

As for the Nor-Tech's in general - you will find the followng:

1) 1st CLASS people to deal with. No B.S., No Arrogance, just polite straight shooters and nothing else. (aso great people to party with!)
2) The quality of their boats are top shelf. They are definately side by side with the few top custom builders in the country.
3) The Nor-Tech owners - a great bunch of party people!! Some of the nicest boaters out there.

One important thing to note - if you have too much testosterone in your system and need to be surrounded by people who brag about how fast they go - a Nor-Tech is not for you. Nor-Tech builds fast boats but thats not what their owners are about.
Old 12-13-2002, 04:21 PM
JAMMIN

HI FULLTHROTTLE, I own a 2002 NorTech 4300V(Hull#2). I ordered it before the first one was even in the water! I knew the boat would be a winner based on friends' of mine experiences with other NorTechs. The boat has the ride of Lincoln with the performance and agility of a BMW. Building a boat with NorTech is a very personalized experience. There is hardly anything they won't do for you during production and after the boat is delivered.
As far as an "Owner's Forum" is concerned, I got to know just about every NorTech owner from the last 3-4 years. Most of them are 2nd or 3rd time Nortech owners. We got friendly during Poker Runs and by hanging out at the NorTech booth at the boat shows. What better salesmen are there than satisfied cutomers?
Email me if you need any more info. JAMMIN

Old 12-13-2002, 05:13 PM
Uncle Toys

Quote:
Originally posted by warbird
I've owned six Nor-Tech's, and a half-interest in a seventh. I first got involved with Trond back when he was delivering two or three boats a year, and they're now delivering 12-15 a year!
I've spent 22 years on Wall St., in both sell-side brokerage and buy-side institutional money management, and can smell a hustler or a thief across a crowded room. THE GUYS AT NOR-TECH HAVE INTEGRITY! Nuff said! Call me if you want. James.
A blast from the past - welcome back James

Old 12-14-2002, 07:46 PM
Registered

My Boats: Phantom 25 (1985) w/Verado 400R
Default Nortech

Hi!

As you might know Nortech started as a company in Norway some years back. I am from Norway, and I see several Nortech 5000 (50 ft) powerboats running around here. What is the main difference between this model and the new one?

They also have a facility in Norway putting the boats for the Norwegian market together. A friend of mine made a custom pulpit and other goodies on a new 43 feet Northech with triple Yanmars.... Nice one.

Cheers, Toffen G
Old 12-14-2002, 08:31 PM
tcamisa

My wife and I took delivery of a 50' Nor-Tech on 7/4/02 which we named "Rip Tide." During the construction period, the staff was courteous and professional. They were also quite amenable to changing any design features to accommodate our individual needs. This enabled us to get both the power and speed which I craved, and it also gave my wife the opportunity to have many of the same comforts that you would normally associate with a cabin cruiser. I had the opportunity to visit the factory on several occasions during the construction of the boat, and I got to see firsthand the quality of construction and the attention to detail and design which I feel puts Nor-Tech at the top of their game. After owning this boat for six months, we are now changing the name to "The Fabulous Rip Tide." Yippeeeeeeeee!!!
If you're at all interested, I would definitely recommend taking a look at the Nor-Tech lineup.
Rip Tide

Old 12-16-2002, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: fast boats

I have no axe to grind with Nor-Tech, they build a good boat, but is it appropriate for the President of a Poker Run/Offshore Group to publicly endorse an indivdual manufacturer?? (Especially if it is soley for his $$$ Gain?) I would think that other manufacturers of High Performance boats would no longer support or attend his events where the President is selling a competitiors product....especially since anyone faster than a Nor-Tech will be accused of being an egotistical, bragging, testosterone junky who actually might just might be pretty proud of the speed and handling of his high performance boat.... The last time I checked, most custom boats (over 35 feet) which tip the mph scale at well over 100, cost well over $250,000k. not only should the owner be proud, but they are obviously successful in their professional lives to be able to afford such a luxury....(P.S. many are former racers who will always brag about their speed, etc). Having owned and raced several custom boats, I too have succumed to the rampside bragging and testosterone oozing conversations which are a cornerstone of performance boating. If fact, at races and poker runs alike, I have never had a conversation with a fellow boater which has not contained some kind of speed comparison. After all, it is performance boating....Just my .02
Old 12-16-2002, 09:53 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2004 36 Concept

Quote:
Originally posted by waterspeed
I have no axe to grind with Nor-Tech, they build a good boat, but is it appropriate for the President of a Poker Run/Offshore Group to publicly endorse an indivdual manufacturer?? (Especially if it is soley for his $$$ Gain?)
Waterspeed - My comments and feelings about Nor-Tech have been the same for the last 5 yrs since I have known the Nor-Tech folks. That was prior to them becoming a sponsor of NJPPC and prior to me being in the marine business full time and being appointed at their dealer for the NE. Anyone who has attended any of our events will attest that I am 1000% fair in regard to any manufacturers or dealers who attended our events this past year. Give ProRoc a call and ask them. They are probably our closest competitor. Ask them how they were treated this past season. Before every event I would personally stop at the shop and encourage them to paricipate 1000% at every event. I also can't recall you attending any of our events? So to pass judgement sitting in the "Monday Morning Quarterback Chair" without actually seeing things for yourself at any of our events I think is pretty poor on your part.

Quote:
I would think that other manufacturers of High Performance boats would no longer support or attend his events where the President is selling a competitiors product....especially since anyone faster than a Nor-Tech will be accused of being an egotistical, bragging, testosterone junky who actually might just might be pretty proud of the speed and handling of his high performance boat....
What I was referring to was NOT the make or manufacturer of the boat but the INDIVIDUAL in the boat. Since you know Mike Fiore - why don't you call him and ask him what kind of support he has recieved as a sponsor? Ask him why he called last week pledging support and $$$ to NJPPC to fight speed limits in NJ?

I think you have spent too much time on the race course and not enough time on the poker run circuit to understand the difference between the two. Poker Runs are not races Poker Runs are social and events where the boats happen to go fast. (and - some faster than others!)

In closing - "Opinions are like A__holes everyone has one"
Old 12-16-2002, 10:17 PM
Registered

Here a picture of a 36' Nor-Tech from the Fl Lauderdale Boat Show
Attached Thumbnails
Nor-tech Owner Forum-nor-tech36_supercat.jpg  
Old 12-16-2002, 10:26 PM
Registered

Cool Dash!
Attached Thumbnails
Nor-tech Owner Forum-nor-tech36_supercat_cockpit.jpg