Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:  Girlfriends or Wives - Shower / Getting ready to go out times? >

OT: Girlfriends or Wives - Shower / Getting ready to go out times?

Notices

OT: Girlfriends or Wives - Shower / Getting ready to go out times?

Old 01-01-2003, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terra ~ You are right on!

Yeah I admit it takes me probably an hour to get ready, but Lutz is always the one everybody's waiting on when we're ready to leave.

You guys gotta give us girls a break though....I mean, we have a lot more maintenance than you guys! We gotta shave our legs, dry / style our hair, yes, do the make up thing, decide on the "outfit", then accesorize the "outfit"....and then there's the shoes...don't forget the SHOES!!!

I like to think that in the end, we're all worth the wait.

Old 01-01-2003, 03:42 PM
Banned

Ya, ya, ya, sell it to the Russians girls, I ain't buyin'. There is no reason in the world to take so long. I always say that at then end of a man's life, we should get back the time we spent waiting on women. I've got at least another ten years coming to me.

Oh, and don't leave out the part where they have to try on every stitch of clothes in the closet just to run down to Hooters for some wings. And what is up with asking us how it looks, as if OUR vote counts. Last night for instance, a couple we know were just stopping by for a quick drink, three different outfits were on her and discarded. We are considering moving into a nudist colony to save my sanity.
Old 01-03-2003, 04:14 PM
LittleE

I'm a woman, I take at most 35 minutes to shower, hair/make-up, and dress! Even on a go-out night! Boating? Give me a shower and a pony-tail holder and I'm ready to go! I'm usually the one loading the boat while my boyfriend is in the shower, and am ready to go out before him, too!

Old 01-03-2003, 04:43 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cuda
. And what is up with asking us how it looks, as if OUR vote counts. .
The key is telling her what she wants to hear! When she comes out in the first outfit make a big deal and tell her how good she looks, this can often prevent the multiple outfit changes that can occur! Usually with my wife she reverts back to the original outfit anyway.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a no brainer to me. Simple solution to a simple problem. It's easier to get those hard to reach spots with a partner too.
And who ends up in the back corner of the shower while they whip there hair around and Lather rinse repeat? I can make it from my bed to my car in less than half an hour. The new Girlfriend 1.5 to 2 Hours everytime. But OH MY GOD she looks good when she does it. If we are going to dinner at eight I tell her to be ready foir dinner at 6:30. That way when she is 1/2 hour late doing her hair, fifteen minutes late putting on makeup, another fifteen minutes late putting on a dress and then she wants to be "Casually late" we still get there on time. "Change the rules to win the game"

Terra, Let him comb it while hes got it!!!
Old 01-03-2003, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I go through this all the time, waiting for her to try on 3 different outfits and ask me which one is best, hell I dont know they all look fine to me
Old 01-03-2003, 08:26 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm thumbing thru this thread and all I can say is PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD OR WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE IN LET THIS WINTER BE OVER AND SEND US BACK TO BREAKING WEAK PARTS AS WE DO EVERY SUMMER and put our brains back to more prohibitivly expensive toughts than this!

Last edited by GLH; 01-04-2003 at 08:31 AM.