Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Do they make offshore boats big enough?  Geez!!!! >

Do they make offshore boats big enough? Geez!!!!

Notices

Do they make offshore boats big enough? Geez!!!!

Old 12-16-2002, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Do they make offshore boats big enough? Geez!!!!

Old 12-16-2002, 08:49 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

All the warm weather in the world and you guys still can not get out there. Ah makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to think that it has been longer since you have been in a boat then me POODLE

Jon
Old 12-16-2002, 09:17 PM
Bayley

Maybe something like this would bust through them 14 footers. Oh wait... it's just a lake boat! Nevermind.

Old 12-16-2002, 09:34 PM
Registered

Nice chart Phantom, lets say we go bust some waves this week. That small **** in Key West was boring.

Jim
Old 12-16-2002, 09:37 PM
Tom
Registered

Bayley,
I grew up in Dearborn, Mich. where you live. Ships like that one sank in the lakes in Michigan! Now those are real lakes. And you don't have to mess with salt water.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:49 PM
Bayley

"And you don't have to mess with salt water."

Flush the what...???
No thanks, I'll just use the bucket!

Tom,
Up until about two weeks ago, I was living in Springwells Park at the corner of Rotunda and Greenfield. I was living there for about three years. Before that, I was up in Lapeer Copunty (Dryden). I grew up in Livonia, so I know the west side pretty well. I'm working for Lear Corporation at Ford and Southfield (the old UTA building). The city of Dearborn is picking up in real estate value. Especially the arabic rich upper east side (which is still has a LONG way to go before it catches up to West Dearborn, but is still growing). There are two new strips malls the just popped on Warren Ave. between Schaffer and Chase. They all arabic owned, but its new CLEAN business! Besides, a little culture ain't such a bad thing. It's amazing, three miles east and its a whole different (third) world!

Old 12-17-2002, 12:07 AM
Tom
Registered

I have two sisters still there, one in Livonia and one out by camp dearborn. I was born in Oakwood hospital and lived on Mead street in what is now the arab slums, but not back then. My father taught school at Ford and Schaeffer I think (next to what is now a hockey rink) at a grade school there. It was a long time ago so I don't remeber details very well.

Maybe when I come visit my family I can talk you into giving me a boat ride.

Salt water is a total pain, but at least I got to go out last Saturday. The waves might be 12 - 40 ft in the ocean, but Mission Bay and San Diego Bay are never too rough. I think San Francisco has the ultimate water though; Ocean, huge bay with different conditions all over it, Ferry wakes to jump, delta with best water skiing, rain all winter long, logs in the water in the spring, real estate too expensive - Oh yeah take that back I remember why we moved south.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:32 AM
Bayley

Sister in Livonia, eh?
How old is she?
What does she look like?
How good is her long term memory!!!

The old grade school is still there at Ford and Greenfield next to the "DISC" (Dearborn Ice Skating Center). Is Mead street on the Upper East Side? That is where the majority of the Arabic population is these days. I guess Dearborn has the highest concentration of Arabs of any city in the U.S. What's even more eye opening, is that like I said, it's only on the East side that one would see any type of Arab presence. Living in the city has its perks. The after work "Hooka" parties are a riot. The "Pineapple" bowls are typically the best (smoke tobacco through the top of a pineapple).

If you are in the area, I am always willing to take free gas money... uh, I mean people for rides.

-Bayley

Old 12-17-2002, 08:37 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Bayley, of course that is just a lake boat! It has an open bow!!

Old 12-17-2002, 08:46 AM
Bayley

With a draft of 20', however, might a little tight beaching her for the night.

Quick Reply: Do they make offshore boats big enough? Geez!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.