Notices

42 or 42 gtx outerlimits

Old 12-17-2002, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 42 or 42 gtx outerlimits

just thinking outloud,which one would you buy?
Old 12-17-2002, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

42 Dont like sit down boats
LATER
Old 12-17-2002, 01:08 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

42... You can sit down in the bolsters if you want but it's tough to stand up in those buckets...

Plus you can fit more people in the 42. With that third "bolster insert" and all, you have more options.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

42---stand up and a cabin...no cabin on the gtx right?
Old 12-17-2002, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the 37 now and love it.just thinking of trading up.i dont use my cabin now except for **** i bring on a poker run.

the gtx is alot faster,just not sure on the sit down
Old 12-17-2002, 01:30 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, but no cabin = no tax write-off on the interest. Maybe an issue, maybe not... But I would think that a "free" loan is always a nice thing!? Not to mention, even on poker runs it's nice to have a cabin to change in or get out of the sun...
Old 12-17-2002, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wish that was a decision I'd have to make sometime soon.
If I did, it would be the 42. Don't like sit down boats, and although I don't really have much use for a cabin, I'd still like to have it there.
What's the speed difference between the two with equal power?
Old 12-17-2002, 02:19 PM
Jeff

Gtx all the way. I would rather have the Ferrari than the Suburban. That 42 weighs about 12000lbs. Towing could be a bear. These boats are hi-end 125 mph plus speedsters not some 75 mile an hour over priced Cigarette with a Sea Ray cabin. Cabins in go fasts mean nothing to me. I would never sleep in one of them, and it's too hot to sit inside one here in Fl. I go out boating then go home or to a hotel. Sitting down is the way to go if you want to run fast. As far as the tax right off, if you have the big wood to buy one, I'm sure you have already used your 2nd home tax right off in Aspen or NYC. Can you tell I love that new GTX, makes a lot of expensive boats look like total junk

Old 12-17-2002, 02:30 PM
Uncle Toys

Originally posted by Jeff
As far as the tax right off, if you have the big wood to buy one, I'm sure you have already used your 2nd home tax right off in Aspen or NYC.
Or Havasu!

Old 12-17-2002, 02:30 PM
Registered

During the Sarasota Poker Run last year in April one of the first 42 GTX built was there with Mike Fiore and Bob Powell behind the wheel. I got to see this boat pass me at they said about 125 in three to four foot rollers with some taller. From what i saw they looked very comfortable. I would agree with Jeff that if I had the money I would rather have the 42 GTX because I would not use the cabin that much. I had breakfast with Mike that morning ans was talking to him about that boat and I asked him about sitting down and he said it was not bad. He did not offer to take me for a ride so I could not speak first hand. Look at this way think about riding in a 36' Gladiator because its the same thing.

Offshoreonly whats it like riding in your boat sitting down?

Quick Reply: 42 or 42 gtx outerlimits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.