Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Scoop or No Scoop (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39105-scoop-no-scoop.html)

Wardey 12-17-2002 02:06 PM

Scoop or No Scoop

Having a hatch built and wondering if I should do a small scoop or just leave it as a play pad. Anyone with pros or cons? Wardey

Uncle Toys 12-17-2002 02:31 PM

Might check out some of Turbojacks posts about the temp under the hatch without the scoop.

mr_velocity 12-17-2002 02:44 PM

Personally I like having a sleeper. With a scoop people expect a lot of HP and a fast boat. I'd rather no scoops and just blow them away. There are pleanty of ways to get air flow under the hatch without adding scoops. The Factory racers are really good at this. Velocity even builds the duct work into the hatches.

HyperBaja 12-17-2002 03:04 PM

Plus, where are the ladies going to lay? Well, just forget about the cuddy for a few minutes.

BAJA WILL 12-17-2002 03:10 PM

I agree with HyperBaja,

I like the way a scoop looks but

1. you better have the HP to back it up.

2. Unless you going to put the girls on the bow, the hatch it where they lay:D

Tbonepmp 12-17-2002 04:17 PM

Originally posted by mr_velocity
Personally I like having a sleeper. With a scoop people expect a lot of HP and a fast boat. I'd rather no scoops and just blow them away. There are pleanty of ways to get air flow under the hatch without adding scoops. The Factory racers are really good at this. Velocity even builds the duct work into the hatches.
I AGREE... UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME BIG HORSES BACK THERE TO BACK EM' UP!!!!!!!!! I WOULD STICK WITH THE PLAYPAD, PLUS IT JUST LOOKS CLEANER WITHOUT THE MONSTER SCOOPS.... TAKES AWAY FROM THE LINES OF A BOAT SOMETIMES... MY .02:cool:

bouyhunter 12-17-2002 04:23 PM

I like scoops
but everyone here is right - you better have some big power under them.
of course, - i'm gonna put a scoop on my project boat (19' Wellcraft that currently has a 4 cyl) - but the whole idea of this boat is kinda the laugh factor anyway...

Wardey 12-17-2002 05:52 PM

I need some air back there but it will be just a small scoop. The girls can lay on each side of it and yes, there will be enough HP to back it up until someone is faster....Wardey

HyperBaja 12-17-2002 06:00 PM

Originally posted by bouyhunter
I like scoops
but everyone here is right - you better have some big power under them.
of course, - i'm gonna put a scoop on my project boat (19' Wellcraft that currently has a 4 cyl) - but the whole idea of this boat is kinda the laugh factor anyway...

Put thru hull fart cans
a big wing
lots of stickers!!!

MAKDADDY 12-17-2002 06:00 PM

Originally posted by Wardey
I need some air back there but it will be just a small scoop. The girls can lay on each side of it and yes, there will be enough HP to back it up until someone is faster....Wardey
Hey Wardey
Put the scoop on and send me some pics of the girls.
they can lay on my pad.
;) ;)