Notices

OT - "Truth about Taxes"

Old 12-18-2002, 07:42 AM
riskybusiness

Angry

That "the richest 1%" B.S. has burned my *ss since it started. It is literally lying with statistics (ever heard that phrase?---'happens every day)

Whenever I discuss the issue, particularly with a liberal Democrat who loves to spend my money, is by pointing out that, if there is a 5% tax cut across the board, dollar for dollar, who will save more money---me or Bill Gates?

Of course, Bill Gates would, but that is because he paid in $20 billion in taxes, and I didn't. He deserves to keep more, because he pays more. Why should I villianize him? He pays more in taxes than the next 50 generations of my family will ever make in their lifetimes. I want my tax break, but in fairness, he should get his at an equal percentage.

I use Gates as an example, because I respect him for his accomplishments (for the most part).

Unfortunately, too many abusers in this country have realized that it is easier to ride in the wagon than to pull it.

Before long, there will be more riding in it than pulling it.

And for those of us who choose to pull it, we carry the weight of all the others.

Old 12-18-2002, 07:51 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by riskybusiness

Unfortunately, too many abusers in this country have realized that it is easier to ride in the wagon than to pull it.

Before long, there will be more riding in it than pulling it.

And for those of us who choose to pull it, we carry the weight of all the others.
Now that's telling it like it is!
Old 12-18-2002, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't agree more, pisses me off beyond belief watching these people ***** and complain that they are un-fairly done by..

Reality is that the dems. feed off the poor, promising them more programs, government assistance and health benefits for ALL (which of course WE are paying for) while my benefit contribution goes up and my coverage goes down, all the while bashing the rich for being wealthy.. who the hell do they think pays the taxes in this country... GET REAL !!!

I watched some liberal democrat stand in front of a crowd spouting off about Bush's so-called tax cut. He told the crowd (mostly lower class) that his tax cut would be able to buy the Rich a new lexus, while they could maybe afford the MUFFLER..
Old 12-18-2002, 09:32 AM
Uncle Toys

There are two tax rates at which we know exactly how much revenue we will take in, which is zero. Those rates are 100% and 0%. Somewhere in between is the optimal rate, why don’t we find it? After that the government needs to learn to live within its means – like everyone else!

The rest of the debate is twaddle.

Old 12-18-2002, 10:01 AM
Uncle Toys

Originally posted by catmando
I have no problem with anything said here. As a middle-class businessman myself, I share your frustrations with the tax structure as it stands now. We need to get rid of this inequitable, antiquated progressive tax sytem because it demotivates those who create jobs. I am for either a flat tax or a sales tax, whichever is more equitable and easier to collect.www.mylegacyforlife.net/lifesavers
Somebody pinch me, I agree with Catmando Most be the season Merry Christmas Bro

Old 12-18-2002, 12:23 PM
CRUBOSS

WHAT PLACE IS ALL THIS GOING ON ? i want to eat for free !