Ford Is Making An Offer What Do You Guys Think >

Ford Is Making An Offer What Do You Guys Think

Notices

Ford Is Making An Offer What Do You Guys Think

Old 12-18-2002, 10:01 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys some GREAT point up there and I thank you. The point about the warrantee being USELESS I have to agree on.

Hear is were I think that I may be bummin on the lemon law deal. First off I got the truck cheap I mean real cheap. They were asking 37K for it and I paid 27,500. Now when you lemon law a truck they take off for milage that you drove as I understand it and I have put almost 20,000 miles on the truck so they will depreciate it a TON. Then take into account other things and I will not be able to replace the truck with anything even remotely close in year or style. In otherwords I seem to be upsidedown in it if I lemon law it.

I really want to work it out with them but it has to be fair, TO ME!!!!

I posted this not for any other reason then to make sure my thinking was clear as I am running on fumes lately (working 15-18 hour days)

Again thanks for the input and keep it coming.

Jon
Old 12-18-2002, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Switch-out

Audio,

Get them to take the truck back and put you into a new one with you paying the difference of the 20,000 miles LESS the $ you spent on repairing your old truck. Oh, and an ESP on the new one.

I think the reason your brakes went bad is because of the tranny; not heard about Super Duty brakes going bad but maybe I missed this problem.

Wannabe in Motor City
Old 12-18-2002, 11:27 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

you put 20,000 on it allready!? WHEN? you drive down to FL to get it serviced? DAMN! and all this time i was thnking it was in the shop like every two weeks and you can barely get down the block before the tranny takes a dump!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 12-18-2002, 11:43 AM
Bayley

Wannabe,

My 2000 F250 Superduty had gone through two sets of front rotors by 50,000 miles. Each rotor was probably turned three times before it was replaced. Furd knew that their rotors on the SD's were inferior, so they investigated a stronger material replacement rotor. Unfortunately, the stronger part wasn't any cheaper... therefor Furd scrapped the deal (surprise, surprise, surprise!!!) I was able to get a hand on a set of these "prototypes". I put them on at 50K and am now at 80K without any warping. It really sucks to everyone else, that this was the only way to fix the problem (it's not what you know...).

Turd... I mean Furd.... I mean Ford quality is the biggest joke in the world. It's all about the very last penny to those guys. So many times I've felt like calling up Furd credit and saying:

"I want a 15% reduction in my monthly payment starting immediately. I also want it retro-active since my purchase. Therefor, you guys owe ME money!"

Sounds crazy, doesn't it? Guess what, happens every single day and the suppliers have no choice but to bend over and take it.

God Bless Furd... because no one else will!

Old 12-18-2002, 12:44 PM
Jeff

FYI, Ford F-350 brake rotors stay warped. I am now on my 4th Powerstroke 350 and I gave up a long time ago on the the brakes. Hey they stop what ever I have towed. None of my trucks have ever been back to the shop for anything else. Guess you got a bad apple, make them take it back.

Old 12-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

imo-warped rotors are more a result of the operator. I know that people will disagree, but that's my opinion. Audio-let me ask you a question; after a hard stop do you continue to hold the truck with the brakes? Because the pad is contacting the rotor the rotor will not cool evenly and will take a set. After a hard stop try creaping forward so the rotor can cool evenly.

My neighbor had his truck lemoned. They gave him a new truck with no mileage deduction AND PAID for all the accessories that he had installed.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:11 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Cord I have NEVER had a rotor warp on me EVER. I have not had any hard stops as of late. In fact when these went out on me was after a mild slow down or "stab" at them on the highway and continued to travel down the road. The F350's are actually known for warping on the rotors. I had heard that going in so I was prepaired and this is more of a nusance then anything else.

Jon
Old 12-18-2002, 08:27 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally posted by Jeff
FYI, Ford F-350 brake rotors stay warped. I am now on my 4th Powerstroke 350 and I gave up a long time ago on the the brakes. Hey they stop what ever I have towed. None of my trucks have ever been back to the shop for anything else. Guess you got a bad apple, make them take it back.
I'm with Jeff on this one...my F350's rotors are warped, not too bad though and I just deal with it. It stops the boat/truck just fine. I only notice it when slowing down from highway speeds. Not worth the hassle with Ford to deal with it.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Audio, the name of the game is *****, shout, complain, threaten to badmouth, whatever it takes. I've been there and these big companies just hope you'll go away. Well, don't go away!! Go to the dealership and be the biggest pain the *ss they have ever seen.

Demand a new tranny and nothing less. Keep them aware that chevy and dodge are just down the road. Bring up this forum and other forums. Tell them you will badmouth the s**t out of them until this situation is rectified. But, also tell them that if they make it right by you, that your faith in the product will be restored (lie, lie, lie!!!). If you don't become the most irate customer they have, they won't do what you want.

It's unfortunate that they make us play this way but they are kind of like a good dog - they need to be whacked on the head every now and then to get them to listen!!!

I have been through this with cars, boats, sleds and even guns. If you ***** load enough they WILL appease you just to shut you up. Play dirty. It takes alot of effort and time but frig 'em, don't let them win. We pay premium buckos for this stuff. It should work correctly.

Just keep repeating it "new tranny, new tranny, new tranny". Do battle with the bastards Audio!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2002, 09:21 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would lemon law it.
I did it with the 98 dodge quad cab I had
3 frontend replacements
the last one the dropped the entire front end and put in new. So I was told
That was in the first 7000 miles and 5 months of ownership
3 months later I delivered a 22 Sportcat with no moter to Havasu.
Tranny started to screach
Dealer in Bullhead could not find a problem. When I picked it up and packed out of builiding it was doing it still. I looked at the service manager and said " Did you hear that?" He said "hear what?" Told him ot kiss my ass and left.
Tranny whined all the way home towing my now 28 Cat.
7 times in the shop I wrote Dodge and asked what day and time I can dopr it off and have a payoff check.
They did deduct the mileage. 21,000 in 11.5 months. Cost me 821 bucks. After paying it off I had 40 bucks left over
Best 40 bucks I ever had.

Lemon law it. Just dont get another Ford!

Quick Reply: Ford Is Making An Offer What Do You Guys Think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.