Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Vortec engines in APBA OFFSHORE IN F-1 AND IN F-2 CLASSES WHAT DO YOU THINK?? >

Vortec engines in APBA OFFSHORE IN F-1 AND IN F-2 CLASSES WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Notices

Vortec engines in APBA OFFSHORE IN F-1 AND IN F-2 CLASSES WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Old 12-18-2002, 08:46 AM
overbored

Default Vortec engines in APBA OFFSHORE IN F-1 AND IN F-2 CLASSES WHAT DO YOU THINK??

OK What does everyone think if APBA put vortec motors in F-1 AND F-2 BOATS? I would think both classes would put on one Hell of a SHOW!

Old 12-18-2002, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Its great that Mercury has some competition! Mercury has given nothing back to the racers who are required to use thier equipment, not even a discount on engines!
The Vortec lease deal looks great! This will give the racers another option-I bet we'll see a majority of racers jumping on the lease program and giving Merc a run for their money!
Old 12-18-2002, 09:13 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the plan for GM making these available to the general public to be put in our own boats? These motors, from what I have read anyway seem awesome. Anyone know what the plan going forward is for this...?
Old 12-18-2002, 09:18 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will be able to buy them from Innovation marine.

My first article in www.extremeboatsmag.com will explain the Vortec deal in detail. I just spoke to the GM folks yesterday and the pricing is still not finalized for this years lease. But I can tell you it won't be 5K like last year.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:18 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I can also tell you that any class boat will be able to lease an engine for the season.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

As a racer do the math its a no brainer.Vortec will walk away with the majority of motor's in race boats.If Merc. cant see this there blind. It realy makes racing in Factory class much more affordable for newcomers to get in. Now even the P class boats can step up and bulid the class.
Randy
Old 12-18-2002, 09:58 AM
overbored

OH T2X, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Old 12-18-2002, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I hope its not much more than $5000
Randy
Old 12-18-2002, 11:06 AM
Registered

I agree, let there be some other engine suppliers to the racers. The extreme amount of money charged for HP500's etc is ridiculous. You can basically build an equivalent engine for a fraction of the cost. I think having spec motors like in dirt racing is the way to go. Establish C.I.D., compression, head specs, etc etc and verify each of the top 3 motors after each race. This would be MUCH more affordable still keep an even playing field.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Shane, you know that's the way it used to be. Like the old A and B classes. Someone said that the HP 500 sealed motors were supposed to cost the racers less money to race. Isn't that true?

Quick Reply: Vortec engines in APBA OFFSHORE IN F-1 AND IN F-2 CLASSES WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.