4.49%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: REAL or FAKE....

Old 12-16-2002, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLL: REAL or FAKE....

...Christmas trees you sex hounds!!

Went out this weekend and got our tree - now it'll be 4 hours decorating it! 1 hour of decorating time - 3 hours drinking while doing it!!
I love the smell of pine - just hate needles all over the place and the g/f is of course afraid of burning the place down somehow.
Old 12-16-2002, 05:01 PM
packinair

no tree here... BAH HUMBUG!!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...christmas+tree

Old 12-16-2002, 06:01 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

High Quality Fake ones just look better!!! for Xmas trees too

Fake tree takes less time and hassle to set up and take down without the mess. If you like the smell of pine, just light a the right scented candle.
Old 12-17-2002, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real Blue Spruce

14' tall

cut it myself, in the snow, while knawing on beef jerky

(kind of a Michigan redneck tradition around here. ask Waterfoul)

only traveled 3.4 miles from my house to the Christmas tree farm

$20 any size - beat that price Californians!!!!!!

if I knew how to minisize the pic of the thing, I would post it
Old 12-17-2002, 07:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I got a real one this year and left the toilet brush up in the attic. Mine's about 10 foot tall.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:27 AM
Registered

Big tree (12-13')...Big dog...decorated by 3 little kids.
Attached Thumbnails POLL: REAL or FAKE....-tree.jpg  
Old 12-17-2002, 07:40 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I was raised with a fake tree; with get this... about 10 different old fashioned Christmas Tree farms within 10 miles; (including Payton's).

Since I moved to VA, I have been getting real ones. We went out a few nights ago to get one, to a new Xmas Tree seller. This was their first year venturing into trees for the Holidays. It was late, and they were close to the house, so we paid a bit more for a bit less tree, but it looks nice. The worst problem was you had to have a truck to get into the lot. The tires of the AV sunk into the mud up to the rims. We all had to take our shoes off, and leave them in the back, (damn if that mud was getting in MY truck).
Old 12-17-2002, 09:40 AM
Registered

Real. Kinda' our family tradition. Dave M's right. The fake ones are like toilet brushes... LOL
Old 12-17-2002, 09:49 AM
CRUBOSS

i pulled a fast one. took a ride out to the state park and cut one down when no one was looking. and saved big bucks......lots of fun too. hey , hey , hey , it's ranger smith !

Old 12-17-2002, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did real until 4 years ago then I went fake.
The fake one breaks down into 3 sections. I wired the lights so that I can leave them on every year and just have to disconnect them from the extention cord with several outlets that I run up the center of the tree. If you want smell burn a candle or spray it out of a can. I store it in a big rubbermaid container.

My wife likes to start decorating right after Thanksgiving so it can go up early and be enjoyed longer. No more messing around to find the right tree and shelling out for it. No more re cutting the tree because it looked smaller in the field or the tree lot

No more itching or scratched arms. No more sap. No more screwing around with a tree stand that won't hold the tree up. No more pine needles all over the place. No more worrying if the tree is drying out to much causing a possible fire hazard. No more trying to wrap those strands of lights back on the original containers when it has to come down. No more taking the tree to a disposal site to get rid of it and having to clean out the bed of the truck from the mess.

Cordell

Quick Reply: POLL: REAL or FAKE....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.