Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The girlfriends car died today......FINALLY!!!! >

The girlfriends car died today......FINALLY!!!!

Notices

The girlfriends car died today......FINALLY!!!!

Old 12-19-2002, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy this gem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get her my work truck for Christmas,
1988 Chevy S-10, with only 294,000
miles, 28 mph on hi-way, make you a
special Christmas deal, 800.00 and if
she's real cute I won't charge to teach
her how to drive a stick shift, let me
know if your interested............LOL
Attached Thumbnails The girlfriends car died today......FINALLY!!!!-red-4.jpg  
Old 12-19-2002, 04:11 PM
Registered

Hey Foul ,
that truck sounds like a sweet deal ... better than that foreign scrap !!!

Also empty your PM box
Old 12-19-2002, 04:11 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

"if she's real cute I won't charge"

Oh, Mike. You're in trouble now! Heh, heh
Old 12-19-2002, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

I dunno if you're looking for new or used, but I'm selling my 1999 Grand Cherokee with 45,000 miles and the balance of the 7/70,000 transferrrable warranty. The truck is absolutely showroom condition. I'll make you a great deal on it...prolly around 14K
Old 12-19-2002, 04:18 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally posted by 26scarab
Mike,
why don't you pick one of the cars that you mentioned that are built in the US.
I don't think KIA's are.
I'm really surprised that you aren't preaching the American car thing with where you work. The next time there is a lay off or you have to take a paycut you can thank someone who bought foreign.
I do like the Subaru WRX but I just couldn't bring myself to buy foreign.
Spoken like someone who has lived and worked in Detriot all his life I looked around our plant today......3 full shifts on 3 lines building Honda parts 6 days a week. 4 full shifts running Camrey parts 6 days a week. The line I run sends it's parts to England for Land Rover. We build Subaru parts, Mercedes, BMW, and soon Volkswagon in my plant. Of the 20 or so assembly lines in my plant, more build of the so called "foreign" parts than American.

Not trying to start the USA vz. the Import debate here (really, I'm not). I just see where my company makes most of it's money. It's with GM of course. But after that, it's with the Asian and European automakers.....we are HUGE with Honda and Toyota. Very big with Land Rover and Mercedes. And VW is beating down our door these days. So I guess my bread is buttered on both sides. I'd bet if you looked at where your Canadien company ships it's components, youd see a similar pattern.

Trust me fellas, I'm gonna try to steer her towards a decent used Subaru. I really don't think she want's the payment that comes with a new car. Neither do I, less gas money for the 'Foul come summer!! LOL!!!! I had an old Sub for a while.....beat the crap out of it, peices fell off it, but it ran like a watch. Ticked like one too!! LOL!!!

Mike
Old 12-19-2002, 07:04 PM
Intolerant1

WE went through the same thing with my wife a year ago. Test drove the Sante Fe, Rav4, and Forester before my wife decided she wanted a sports car. The Sante Fe won the comparo in my book. Bigger than the others and a great warranty. I have talked to a few people with them since and everyone had rave reviews.

Old 12-19-2002, 09:36 PM
Registered

I was looking at a new Subaru a few years ago and was told they had the worst resale value of any car made. If she wants a good reliable used car, look at a Lexus certified pre-owned RX300. I know they cost more than she wants to spend ($25,000+), but Lexus has killer financing (3.9%/60 months) and a 100,000 mile warranty on their certified pre-owned cars. She would be the king of the neighborhood in her new Lexus!

Mike
Old 12-21-2002, 11:25 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally posted by BigMike
If she wants a good reliable used car, look at a Lexus certified pre-owned RX300. I know they cost more than she wants to spend ($25,000+), but Lexus has killer financing (3.9%/60 months) and a 100,000 mile warranty on their certified pre-owned cars. She would be the king of the neighborhood in her new Lexus!

Mike
With her driving record ( a FEW tickets) she wouldn't be able to afford the insurance on a Lexus. And she's not kind enough to her vehicles to warrant owning a vehicle of the calibre of Lexus!!!
Old 12-21-2002, 11:49 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Mike,

I send you an email
Old 12-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

KIA Killed In Action

Quick Reply: The girlfriends car died today......FINALLY!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.