Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Palm Beach, FL?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39273-palm-beach-fl.html)

Cignificant 12-19-2002 12:54 PM

Palm Beach, FL??

What's to do there? I'm leaving tommorrow (20th) at 4:00pm arriving early Saturday morning and staying in Palm Beach Shores. We will be there all week and are looking for restaurants, bars, marinas, etc.

DJD 12-19-2002 01:49 PM

Ok, while in Palm Beach...
Thurs, Fri, Sat nights, anywhere on Clamatis Street. Bradleys has a 30s crowd with good music & very casual. My Martini is a little more upscale martini bar with 30s-50s, Monkey Club is a rocking 30s night club. Any of the other places are fun too..
Waterside dining: Waterway cafe on PGA blvd on the West side of the ICW. There are also a couple of places out on the island next to Sailfish Marina. Beautiful spot with normally crystal blue water, right on the inlet.
Big Boys night out: Rachaels steak house. I-95 north to 45th st exit, west under 95 & you will see it on the right. Excellent steaks & even better entertainment. Topless but very upscale. Couples & groups of women even go there for dinner or drinks.
Down the street from Waterway next to I-95, there is a Marriot hotel with a BIG night club in it called Safari Club. All kinds of people go there for drinks/dancing. Alot like Monkey Club but much bigger.
I'll think of a few more but that will get you started!
Dave

Cignificant 12-19-2002 01:53 PM

We'll be within a few-hundred yards of the Sailfish, so I may spend a good deal of time over there.

florida gator 12-20-2002 08:58 AM

Great steaks at Angelo and Maxies in City Place.

Viper One 12-20-2002 10:02 AM

Drive down A1A south to Delray Beach which is about 15 miles. Atlantic Blvd is full of cool bars, restaurants stores. Stop in at Bostons on the Beach (A1A and Atlantic Blvd) for a couple of Boston Stranglers. Cool reggae nite there on Mondays.

Donzi38ZX 12-20-2002 12:15 PM

If you are travelling with the Mrs. Keep her away from Worth Avenue :eek:

Cignificant 12-20-2002 12:21 PM

Thanks for the recommendations. My truck is loaded with fuel, Pepsi ,and Red Bull, so I'm about ready to head south.

A topless Steak place, huh? I wonder if my wife is up for it??

tanned fat looks better 12-20-2002 12:43 PM

The Crab Pot below the bridge going over to Singer Island. If you want to hang on the beach and drink you'll need to go north a few miles to Singer Island.

The Rutlege has a Tikki Bar, pool and is on the beach

chuckbeecher 12-20-2002 12:50 PM

What about driving south to I believe DelRay Beach and on the IWC just south of the cut was a place called Banana Boat and I forgot the name of the place next to it. Lots of boats and kool people. I use to go there with the Thunder.

florida gator 12-20-2002 01:22 PM

Atlantic does have some good places too. I forgot about that.