What is with people these days????? >

What is with people these days?????

Notices

What is with people these days?????

Old 12-19-2002, 04:27 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What is with people these days?????

One of my teamates got a phone call this afternoon from her husband. It seams her son, while delivering a load of a flowers (he drives a truck for a large greenhouse company.....Christmas flowers and the like...) to a florist in Gary, IN was robbed at gunpoint and SHOT!!!! He carries no cash, no checks, nothing except shippers and reciepts. Not much personal cash either. I've met this person (he's my age) and he is a VERY nice guy. I don't think he would have argued with anyone holding a gun to him.

Shot in the hip....shattered his pelvic bone on the right side. Stable condition but walking again is questionable at this point. He faces MANY surgureys. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayer.

What is going on these days!!!!???

Thanks,

Mike
Old 12-19-2002, 04:36 PM
Allan4

That's aweful......I just cannot comprehend senseless acts of violence like this. What a shame, the shooter ought to have his pelvis shattered with a sledge hammer, see how it feels.....Good luck to this guy, I feel for him......

Old 12-19-2002, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 243 Likes on 130 Posts

Pass along my sympathies ...Hate to hear of such stuff. Like you said "what's wrong with people now?"
Old 12-19-2002, 05:58 PM
Registered

Stupid people. Lets hope he get what he deserves. Charma (sp) I think.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:53 PM
Intolerant1

My buddies dad was a truck driver and was hijacked in Gary. They took his rig, 18 wheeler tanker full of propane, and locked him in an abondoned building where they beat him for several days. He finally escaped. This is one tough SOB but he decided to retire after that. He was the wrong color in the wrong nieghborhood. Not being racist, thats what his captures told him.

Old 12-19-2002, 07:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Need a lot more Troutly”s the Country is full of animals.
Old 12-19-2002, 07:10 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike, I'm very sorry and mad to hear this. And it happened in the arm pit of our fine state. I persona;y thing we need more cops and more people with guns, that know how to use them. We can be thankful this bad guy was a bad shot. Too bad your buddy wasn't armed and a good shot.

He will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-19-2002, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear about that mike send me and the wifes blessings
Old 12-19-2002, 07:30 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by Intolerant1
My buddies dad was a truck driver and was hijacked in Gary. They took his rig, 18 wheeler tanker full of propane, and locked him in an abondoned building where they beat him for several days. He finally escaped. This is one tough SOB but he decided to retire after that. He was the wrong color in the wrong nieghborhood. Not being racist, thats what his captures told him.
Usually truckers carry guns. I would if I were driving over the road. I do some driving but it is only day trips. If I were out and about all over, I'd carry, no question about it. A .45 would have stopped that 3 day beating before it started. By the way, how is the back??

Old 12-19-2002, 08:07 PM
Registered

over here were always packin heat

Quick Reply: What is with people these days?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.